Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Galfer lines and Galfer HH pads for the front and rear on the bike a little while back. Ever since I put them on I notice they squeak as I'm coming to a stop light or something where it's fairly gentle braking. They won't do it under hard braking. Any ideas to lessen or eliminate the noise? I'd like to just get rid of it permenantly if possible. It seems like I've heard of a grease at one point in time for car brakes but that doesn't seem like it would last.

·
Registered
387 Posts
its just the nature of the hh pad. my galfer hh pads and galfer wave rotors on my 636 do this pretty bad, but i got used to it.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Mine did this as well but I can't remember for how long, it's gone now and the only noice my bike makes is from my right hand, and sometimes right foot. Then there is that occasional squeal from the front wheel bearings every so often.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
My ebc hh do this also
it gets annoying sometimes but watch gonna do

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
What exact pads are you guys running? I put on, if I remember correctly, the 1375 HH Sintered pads with a ceramic backing to them and other than the squeaking during break in mine is gone completely and there's only that "occasional" high speed zing to them. BTW, those pads are ridiculous, talk about hauling ass from 180 mph back to the speed limit JUST like that. Could be the Nissin's and SS lines as well.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the input. I'm not sure what series I have exactly. I ordered them from Superbike Supply with the lines I bought. I paid a few extra bucks for them. If it helps they are solid gold. I get tired of the sqeaking noises but I may try to pull them off and put something on the backs of them to damp them a tad bit. All the squeak is is a high frequency vibration. After doing a little research this could also depend on the rotors. If I take them off and mess with them I will let ya'll know if there is any change.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yo Derrick!
I put the same pads on a few months back and they did the same thing. Still do sometimes!
I just ignore it now.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I know sanding down the rotors was always a tip when putting on new pads, gets the material off from the old pads or something. I did it but never noticed a difference, I think it just went away after they got bedded in. You know the proper way to break in your brakes right? Use them HARD, at least that's how I've always done it, car/truck/bike and hever had problems with pads.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think I'm probably just gonna have to deal with it. Its not that huge of a deal just something I thought I might be able to fix easily. I still may try putting something on the back of the pads. I'm not too wild about putting that fluid actually in the pads. Sounds sketchy.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Yeah I think I'm probably just gonna have to deal with it. Its not that huge of a deal just something I thought I might be able to fix easily. I still may try putting something on the back of the pads. I'm not too wild about putting that fluid actually in the pads. Sounds sketchy.
Eh, give it a few hundred miles. I know how annoying it was doing mine, pulling up to a stop sign on less than year old bike, all sharp looking an hearing that SCCREEAACCHHH...:lol: I can't confirm it but I think it goes away after awhile, just as long as you have full braking potential I'd ride the shit out of them. I think these bikes just prefer to be ridden fast.:thumbsup: Honda's are for going slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts