Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the cheapest prices on the Galfer lines for the ZX-10R. Gonna do the fronts only and am considering the Superbike lines though I will probably go with the regular lines with aluminum fittings if I can get them. Input on the Superbike lines, please as well as the pros and cons of the aluminum fitting lines versus their regular stainless steel line.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Dude, get the reg ss galfers, you won't notice the difference unless your a pro, i have seen them from $80-90 at the stores and online, no real big deals out there.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I think BnNinja has the superbike lines and wasn't impressed. They're actually 3mm thicker lines than the "regular" SS lines. Braking feel wasn't improved enough to justify the cost.

BTW, I have the SS lines & Galfer HH pads. While vastly better than stock, I still get lots of fade at the track. The real solution is the Brembo MC - which is one the way :cool:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with the plain vanilla Gafler lines from Brad at Superbike Supply. At 73 bucks shipped can't really beat the price. Gonna use up the O.E.M. pads before I start looking for replacements.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Older Guy said:
I have the Galfer race lines and HH pads (front and rear) and my bike stops RIGHT NOW.
:+1:

I'll be trying them out on the track next weekend.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The Galfer superbike lines are 2.7mm versus the regular SS lines are 3mm. The smaller diameter lines should provide a slight improvement in bite, and because they do not use a banjo bolt there should be a slight improvement in brake feel.

A few people have indicated some issues with leakage with the SBK lines. According to Galfer, the caliper mounting is quite fragile and should only be tightened to their specs (which is lower than the stock banjo mount).

I myself ordered the the SBK lines and have yet to mount them. I'll try to provide some input when I got these installed with my Brembo MC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts