Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these? My bike is dedicated to the track only so i'm thinking about picking up a set of these. Any feedback from people who have used this would be helpful, quite pricey for a set of pads but i'm sure they are worth it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow nobody huh? I put an order in for my track only bike. It seems to be a good combo, carbon composite made for steel only rotors, seems like it will bite like crazy when heated up! Will post a review once I do a TD with em on.

Heres a little shpeel straight from galfer:

The Very Best in Motorcycle Parts & Accessories for Every Application

G1003

Mat Mladin, Ben Spies, Tommy Hayden, Ruben Xaus, Doug Chandler.... Recognize these names? Know what they all have in common? Galfer G1003 Brake pads. Introduced to the general rider 2 years ago, this compound remained an exclusive item for our top race teams. Now, you can have the same compound that wins championships and helps to make these riders legends. The G1003 compound features a laser cut backing plate for EXACT fitment and limited stress to the material. This differs from anyone else because most backing plates are stamped. Laser cutting allows for higher consistency which makes the difference. Our backing plates are then heat treated and double disc ground just like our rotors, making them perfectly flat. This helps by almost eliminating plate warpage and allows the pad compound to remain in better contact with the disc. This proven compound can reach friction levels as high as .72u!!! Very progressive and work better the hotter they get. Available for most modern OEM 600/750/1000 machines and Brembo Calipers. Not recommended for street use or for a bike under 600cc.

"...more bite and consistency than anything I've tried." - 3-time AMA Superbike Champion, Doug Chandler

"... I must say that this is the first time in five years we have used any braking product...better than the PFC and Brembo. On another note, from the confidence gained at this test, I will now be stocking your products in our retail showroom..." John Hackett, JHP Ducati Coventry, Ducati World Supersport Team

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, i forgot i made this thread. Yes, big update.

I have been running it all this season (10 trackdays-ish). First off, the pads last a while. Second, they need to be heated up before you use them. I usually drag my brake a little bit going through the pits and brake hard for the first few turns and then the pads are good to go.

WHat I LOVE about these pads is the sheer stopping power the bike has, BUT, the biggest thing about them is the progressive feel. It doesnt have a sharp bite, It CAN but its all dependent on how you pull the lever. Sometimes, with brembo monoblocks, you have a sharp bite no matter what. But with these pads and my setup (stock brake setup wi/ SS lines), the initial bite is decent, but its the modulation that I looove. I can brake so hard and trail so easy with so much feedback it is awesome. Complete control over modulation is the best way to describe it. If you are not careful with the modulation, you can lift the rear no problem or if you are sloppy with your downshifts, you can drift the bike 's rear around, they are phenomenal and I will use nothing else! I dont even feel like I need to upgrade my braking setup at all!

PS, i bedded em in after cleaning my rotors

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Awesome! Glad you like them. That says a lot about the pads when you no longer feel you need to upgrade your braking system. I assuming the gen 3's no longer have the caliper fade associated with the 2nd gens. Nice writeup indeed

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow, i forgot i made this thread. Yes, big update.

I have been running it all this season (10 trackdays-ish). First off, the pads last a while. Second, they need to be heated up before you use them. I usually drag my brake a little bit going through the pits and brake hard for the first few turns and then the pads are good to go.

PS, i bedded em in after cleaning my rotors
How did you bed your pads in?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since the 1003's are a diff compound than the stock pads, i just cleaned up the rotors first. Then after installing the new pads, while at the track hot pit area, i went 5mph then slowly came to a half. Next, i upped the speed just a tad bit, and braked to a halt slowly. After a few more times of the same thing, everytime upping the speed and increasing the brake pull, it should be 'bedded' in. What you DONT wanna do is pop on new pads and go crazy braking at full force as that will glaze 'em. Just take it easy, brake progressively harder after you start slow! Thats it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts