Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AT&T requires their premium(highest price :rolleyes:) package Data plan to let you tether the Galaxy S3( want my Laptop to use this high speed :wink: ) I have mid package Data Plan they only offer 3, so they told me no go. :dontknow:....anyway hearing getting your phone rooted it's possible to bypass this just wondering if anyone here has more info. on doing this pro's and con's :dontknow: and if you did do this any advice on how to make it so I see some vids out there but still looking at all options and of course the last option paying an extra $20 a month too on top of the $30 I am already paying for Data and that is just one of the phones I have with them out of 3. :badteeth:

thanks,

bloo

·
Registered
289 Posts
:hello:

"AT&T requires their premium(highest price ) package Data plan to let you tether the Galaxy S3( want my Laptop to use this high speed ) I have mid package Data Plan they only offer 3, so they told me no go. ....anyway hearing getting your phone rooted it's possible to bypass this just wondering if anyone here has more info. on doing this pro's and con's and if you did do this any advice on how to make it so I see some vids out there but still looking at all options and of course the last option paying an extra $20 a month too on top of the $30 I am already paying for Data and that is just one of the phones I have with them out of 3.

thanks,

bloo"

yes you are correct, you can bypass this by rooting your phone.

some of the rooted apps still require a one time fee for the developer's coding effort. some of them are free. almost all the ones that require a fee can be found free, just be weary of viruses. plus 20$ one time is better than 20$/month.

rooting is great and there is a 0.01% chance your phone will get messed up. it's extremely unlikely. you'd pretty much have to be trying. and if you install the rooting software wrong it is really easy to revert back to the original software. Easier than iphone, iphone you can not install down software unless you save SSH blobs, because apple only releases digital signatures for the firmware for limited periods of time. but android will always be accessible via the manufacturers website or from google because android is open source. most manufacturers actually have guides on their websites on how to root their phones (promoting it essentially). although the latest models (flagship phones) usually receive the latest software update 5-12 months after it comes out. manufacturers are really slow to release software updates for the phones because they are too focused on cranking out newer better hardware. many android users complain of this problem, but if you root your phone you can always be consistent with the latest and greatest updates! (most of the programs are 1 click now, like to jailbreak the iphone you don't even have to do anything, just click a button) but like you said there are step by step instructions all over google.

rooting unlocks the phones potential. you can tweak all the CPU/GPU settings, get custom themes (ROMS), and all kinds of aftermarket software. oh and you can delete the manufacturers software too. all the crap motorola / samsung / lg / htc install on top of android.

i'll let the pro's chime in, but i am for rooting and jail breaking all the way! :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:hello:

"AT&T requires their premium(highest price ) package Data plan to let you tether the Galaxy S3( want my Laptop to use this high speed ) I have mid package Data Plan they only offer 3, so they told me no go. ....anyway hearing getting your phone rooted it's possible to bypass this just wondering if anyone here has more info. on doing this pro's and con's and if you did do this any advice on how to make it so I see some vids out there but still looking at all options and of course the last option paying an extra $20 a month too on top of the $30 I am already paying for Data and that is just one of the phones I have with them out of 3.

thanks,

bloo"

yes you are correct, you can bypass this by rooting your phone.

some of the rooted apps still require a one time fee for the developer's coding effort. some of them are free. almost all the ones that require a fee can be found free, just be weary of viruses. plus 20$ one time is better than 20$/month.

rooting is great and there is a 0.01% chance your phone will get messed up. it's extremely unlikely. you'd pretty much have to be trying. and if you install the rooting software wrong it is really easy to revert back to the original software. Easier than iphone, iphone you can not install down software unless you save SSH blobs, because apple only releases digital signatures for the firmware for limited periods of time. but android will always be accessible via the manufacturers website or from google because android is open source. most manufacturers actually have guides on their websites on how to root their phones (promoting it essentially). although the latest models (flagship phones) usually receive the latest software update 5-12 months after it comes out. manufacturers are really slow to release software updates for the phones because they are too focused on cranking out newer better hardware. many android users complain of this problem, but if you root your phone you can always be consistent with the latest and greatest updates! (most of the programs are 1 click now, like to jailbreak the iphone you don't even have to do anything, just click a button) but like you said there are step by step instructions all over google.

rooting unlocks the phones potential. you can tweak all the CPU/GPU settings, get custom themes (ROMS), and all kinds of aftermarket software. oh and you can delete the manufacturers software too. all the crap motorola / samsung / lg / htc install on top of android.

i'll let the pro's chime in, but i am for rooting and jail breaking all the way! :thumbsup:
thanks for the info. you sound like a pro on this stuff anyway...Good Point Rep will be sent your way. :wink::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
289 Posts
oh thanks! I'm really into technology, I try to keep up. (its impossible, haha) I was reminiscing the other day about how incredible it is that 20 years ago a computer hard disk was the size of a couple 100 ft square room. and now we have dual core processors and GB of storage and ram in handheld touchscreen devices with wireless 4g connection faster than our home connection. it's wild!!

let me know if you have any trouble and can't get it figured out, i will try to help you if i can answer any questions! i have not rooted the SGS3 specifically.

www.androidauthority.com is a great place to find answers to all and everything android related!! :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have samsung note with ATT and my phone is not rooted, But I use Foxfi from google market. I can tether with my laptop.
Hi Mike hows it going?.....yeah that's the problem though it's been taken away no Foxfi available/taken away for download they (AT&T) don't like that :dontknow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts