Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys if i try search then i think too many different threads will come up without a rough answer but whats the rough gains with a power commander fitted to a gen 1? i have usual filter an exhaust but does anybody feel a noticable difference with a good map?
thanks for input guys

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Gains will be better driveabilty.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
i noticed better throttle responce, more pep and of course better AFR with proper tune.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for input guys. top end i will never get to use with the crappy roads here in uk an never knowing whats around the corner but if i get improvements lower an mid in rpm then ill be a happy chappy

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You may gain a little on the top. It does help smooth out the the torque curve and gives much better throttle response. I gained some fuel miliage on my gen 2.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just hopin to feel the difference. Not mega but noticable. My bike seems to ave a flatspot between 3-5k rpm. Mpg gain will be bonus to but doubt I'd notice to well

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
A basic downloaded map off internet is no where near as good as a custom dyno tune by a reputable tuner at a shop.
Anywhere up to 10whp gain over a internet map. Every bike is different and your elevation relation to sea level makes a huge difference. A map made for a bike at sea level in dry air will run differently on a bike 1500ft above sea level and in damp/humid conditions.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks mate. id be chuffed with a bhp increase like that but id ave to find here in uk were i could custom tune the bike

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
thanks for input guys. top end i will never get to use with the crappy roads here in uk an never knowing whats around the corner but if i get improvements lower an mid in rpm then ill be a happy chappy
You'll get a smoother power delivery being able to put more power down and quicker. Sounds like suspension upgrades and or tuning would be a better use of your money.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like a zx14 brake setup next and a good set of tires for my bike. I read that they still need spacers an the disc rotors is 10mm difference. Is this true or has ppl replaced with no mods?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts