Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting my bike up on the rear stand and it tipped funny. So I grabbed it so it wouldn't fall. Well I grabbed it by the front brake hose that connects beneath the master cylinder above the brake lever.

Now that little plastic piece that the hose connects onto is cracked. The little black L-shaped connector from the hose to the front brake control.

Is that replaceable? Anyone know a part number by chance?

Thanks.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Ronayers.com has a parts list

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good catch, that broken piece is probably cheaper than it would have been not catching the bike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man...that makes me feel a lot better.

Now I assume I'll have to bleed the front brake system since I think there's air in there now. Is that hard to do?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
nah, bleeding is simple and a good thing to do anyway. just dont make the same mistake i did and tighten those bleeder valves too tight, or you will crush the tip and restrict your ability to flush the air out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So another dumb question, but is it fair to assume the same type process for car calipers? Loosen the bleed nut and pull the handle till fluid comes out consistently, then tighten down?

Also, fair to assume you do one at a time and not both together? Any particular order?

Sorry if this is asinine, but I'd prefer to sound dumb than make another idiot move.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Not to be a dick, but run a quick search, theres some good threads on problems and better techniques. You crack the bleeder until bubbles pumpm out, close the valve, release the handle, pump, repeat. Some have had tp remove their calipers and invert them to release any stuborn air pockets trapped in funny places. You may also want to let it sit overnite and rebleed in the AM to allow any air to rise to the MC. AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE FLUID RES., RUN OUT AND YOU'LL START ALL OVER.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So another dumb question, but is it fair to assume the same type process for car calipers? Loosen the bleed nut and pull the handle till fluid comes out consistently, then tighten down?

Also, fair to assume you do one at a time and not both together? Any particular order?

Sorry if this is asinine, but I'd prefer to sound dumb than make another idiot move.
Yes. Same bleeding process as with a car. I prefer to use a Mighty Vac, but manually works fine too.

One at a time, unless your really talented. Make sure you keep fluid in your brake resevoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts