Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a few years ago I built a G3 motor from the parts bin:) in those years since iv collected enough to build a whole G3 from the same bins all iv been waiting for is a good frame with title which I collected last week and went straight off too powder coaters for something different ;) so here you have pictures of my new build. :alien:

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
Holy cannoli! An extra G3 from spares? AND one with a Kawi green frame?!?!? I have a boner.

Hurry up and get it together already!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the green body work and all black frame engine and wheels I have, so I'm going all black body work with green frame and wheels, I had mulled over green engine block but that........ hmmm well I'm still undecided on that one :unsure:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
Well the green body work and all black frame engine and wheels I have, so I'm going all black body work with green frame and wheels, I had mulled over green engine block but that........ hmmm well I'm still undecided on that one :unsure:
Yeah, the green engine block might be a bit much. A green engine side case that's exposed might be an option. That would make it easier and quicker to get those coated. More interested to see the beast put together and running!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Yeah, the green engine block might be a bit much. A green engine side case that's exposed might be an option. That would make it easier and quicker to get those coated. More interested to see the beast put together and running!
Same here, id go with green accents instead of the whole block. Who'll see that anyway? Get some off color radiator lines/brake lines and yer set. Looks super so far and as we all know, the fastest color.

Reactions: michael4012

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i think you guys are right, its a G2 engine going in that still has split cases at the moment so i am going to powder coat the Geny, timing and clutch cover along with the forks, and that'll be it for powder coating, i am not throwing money at this, i have 3 bikes that eat money this is purely a build bike for nearly free project but something certainly a little different even just with colour. mmmm i might actually get the calipers done too :unsure:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same old Same old as soon as I get into something work starts making more demands :rolleyes: but I have started, a slight set back with the G2 main stem being shorter than G3, so i had to buy in a G3 triple tree. But onwards and all that.
20200708_210627.jpg
20200708_210645.jpg
20200708_210653.jpg

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
O. M. G. That's a lotta of the best color green! It's coming along great!!! That Abba frame stand is great too. Wow.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:p yeah......I opted out of the fork tubes with distractions and some gold will break it up a little, tubes, shocker drive chain & sprocket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts