Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the 08-09 ZX-10 uses the same front sprocket as a 97-08 GSX-R 600/750 and a 99-08 SV650.

If all 3 gens of the ZX10 use the same front sprocket, then any of the above bike's front sprockets should work on any gen ZX10.

Disclaimer: I have no way to verify this 100%, but the part number on my front sprocket matches those applications as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yes they are the same but wheres the cheap sprocket at?

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
A rather large majority of late model bikes all have the same spline pattern on the shaft. The width of the sprocket can be slightly different, but even in those cases, usually it's only a shim or a different sprocket nut away from fitting properly.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
front Sprockets are already cheap in my opinion. And after you have one why would u need another anytime soon justifying multiple purchases?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front Sprockets are already cheap in my opinion. And after you have one why would u need another anytime soon justifying multiple purchases?
Its just an FYI for those who don't have front sprockets already, or constantly change their gearing to best suit the track, etc. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts