Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stupid sorry got you guys followed by a question. So..

Story: I was headed to work Saturday, I pulled in, took off my helmet and shit and was walking inside, as I'm walking to the door a sheriff speed in the parking lot and asked me to go back to my bike. Didn't see my plate due to how it was mounted. Plates expired I was straight up honest with him, told him I just started back working so its expired abd without liability insurance at the moment. So chop was cool and agreed not to you're my bike, cool. So he runs my license and all abd I'm getting ready to clock in and the sheriff Congress back to me and is like "I'll be straight up with you your going to jail" I'm like wtf for? Then he drops a bomb pn me telling me my license was suspended, I got no mail about this so I Had no fucking clue... Do whatever I went in they took me downtown.

Question: since I wasn't on the bike at the time of arrest and he never lit me up do I have a chance in hell to fight anything?
charges are

no proper registration
No minimum insurance
And suspended license..

Please don't talk shit I know how dumb it is, I've been broke as fuck since I just started back working and if my wife didn't have the car everyday, I'd be taking that shit.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I think talking to a lawyer is your best option. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation. If not, there are some legal counseling offices where law students, etc. provide some help for free.

It seems that you have admitted to riding this particular bike, so your chances of fighting the charges are probably reduced. You may argue that you didn't know the license was suspended though... Best bet is to get some legal help.

Edit: something like this for example:
http://www.legalaid-ga.org/GA/index.cfm
http://www.attys.org/Georgia-legal-aid.html

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dude, hate to say it but you shouldnt be riding or driving anything with no insurance.
I got royally screwed last year because of a operator with no insurance .
What if you were to hit someone, are you going to pay damages out of your pocket?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry man we all have ups and downs in life and I'm sure it will work out. Just don't type a letter to them and let a lawyer do All the talking.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things happen way to fast to rely on that.
Its held me down thus far. And I'm confident I'm good for It God forbid I need to again.

Sorry man we all have ups and downs in life and I'm sure it will work out. Just don't type a letter to them and let a lawyer do All the talking.
thanks man.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes, for the love of god, dont type anything that matters!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another crazy part of the whole situation, another squad car pulled up as backup i guess...and after I took off my gear and back pack, they tackled that shit and searched through it.

And one of them bitches had the audacity to ask me "so when's the last time you had dope on you" I looked him dead in the eyes and said "what the fuck, are you serious? gtfo of here" he said no more to me.

Racist ass cops Man

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Not sure about where your from an the laws, but I'm in Wisconsin.....was ticketed for no license, had been suspended but I had no clue.......went into court with everything valid an up to date an the judge dropped all charges, not saying it'll work for u but can't hurt your chances

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Lmao what a dick, I've never been arrested for having a suspended license they just made me call somebody. Go get ur license and insurance straight and usually they'll drop the license charge and get it registered and they may drop it too

Should've told the cop last time u had dope was when u were pounding his wife bec she loves to smoke :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not to mention illegal search. What a bunch of dick cops. Get your stuff current, and you should at least get the fines dropped.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lmao what a dick, I've never been arrested for having a suspended license they just made me call somebody. Go get ur license and insurance straight and usually they'll drop the license charge and get it registered and they may drop it too

Should've told the cop last time u had dope was when u were pounding his wife bec she loves to smoke :lol:
Lol yea that's what I was hoping for, especially since I was ready to clock in at work, but, no luck.

Not to mention illegal search. What a bunch of dick cops. Get your stuff current, and you should at least get the fines dropped.

This is what I'm hoping for.

That would have been awesome! But probably wouldn't have helped you out any!
they probably would have laughed, I was fucking around with the main cop a lot before he dropped the bomb on my ass

·
Chairman of the Board
16,036 Posts
I would suggest keeping the facts you post here or anywhere else to a minimum. You know the lawyers are using posts now as evidence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i think when you have no insurance, no license, and no paper work, they are allowed to bend the rules a little...

and the answer to when was the last time you were doing something illegal is always, i plead the 5th offi-sir...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts