Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plate light went out on my hot bodies under tail. Ordered new single LED bulb. Took tail section apart and tested the light to find it not working. Also noticed my Bazzaz tuner is no longer lighting up when I turn ignition on, attempt to start bike and it wont start. If I touch the positive cable from my license plate light to the positive side of my battery, the bike starts right up. So I am able to backfeed power into the system. I checked the 2 fuses under the seat (15a Fan, and 10a meter) those are good. Checked main 30a fuses coming off battery, those are good. Besides the main fuse box located on the left side of the bike (when sitting on it) is there anything else I should check? I already ordered a new fuse box, hoping that solves this problem. Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
967 Posts
Dude i almost could bet my life on someone here being able to help but that requires your help. Need to know year and model of your bike. Pics of wiring etc and its all cake from there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude i almost could bet my life on someone here being able to help but that requires your help. Need to know year and model of your bike. Pics of wiring etc and its all cake from there
My bad. Forum newb mistake Bike is a 2011 ZX10r. Never had any problems with it until this silly plate light. I am really thinking I accidently fried something while shuffling wires under the seat. I am at work now but can get some pictures later.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
967 Posts
Its cool. You just need to find a wire that only powers on with the key the service manual for your bike is posted on here so use the search and if u dont own one go get a cheap multimeter. Have u checked the normal tail light wires for power usinh a meter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no power going to the blinkers, or running lights. When I pull the brake, the brake light goes off. The small center LED on the front does not work either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got home and was searching the service manual. Found another fuse box in the front of the bike. 10a blown fuse, problem fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts