Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride earlier this week and turned the GoPro on :thumbsup:
Good times :eek:ccasion1
(watch it in HQ)

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice video! We just got 6 inches of snow here :thefinger It's gonna be a long, damn winter!
That suuuuucks. My ride got rained out today but it gave me time to finally play with these videos and do a bunch of stuff around the house!

But tomorrow. . .WE RIDE! :helmet:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I was doing staggards is why.
Man, those roads y'all got are badass :eek:ccasion1
:dontknow:Ok... I gotta ask, what are staggards? Stand ups wheelies, maybe..

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:dontknow:Ok... I gotta ask, what are staggards? Stand ups wheelies, maybe..
Pretty much. Staggard foot position, left foot on the rear peg, right foot where it should be. . .covering the rear brake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Pretty much. Staggard foot position, left foot on the rear peg, right foot where it should be. . .covering the rear brake :thumbsup:
Thought so.. I haven't got them down yet, I get all scared when I can see the front fender in my vision when I do them. I can't say I have tried to do the staggard stance yet either.. It is easy to do them? more control?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am familiar with Crabb and Cow Creek, but not CR42 and the Plant Rd. Are these roads off of Crabb?
The plant road is right across from George Ranch. Tell me you have never been down it!!! There is some good turns, kinda feels like a lil race track. CR42 is off of 1462, a few miles south of 762. Only a few turns have nice pavement but it's nice to cruise down regardless. See for yourself.

·
Registered
775 Posts
OK. I didn't know that was a true road. I thought it was just the plant entrance. I will try it out next time. I will also look for CR42. Thanks.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought so.. I haven't got them down yet, I get all scared when I can see the front fender in my vision when I do them. I can't say I have tried to do the staggard stance yet either.. It is easy to do them? more control?
I've always done sitdowns, but not for very long distances.
I tried staggards a few times and they always felt weird to me but check it out. . .I learned them on a little Honda XR50 I bought and it took about 6 tries on the ZX-10R and I got it. It's actually pretty easy for the most part. I honestly thought it would be harder but it's not. Good times.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK. I didn't know that was a true road. I thought it was just the plant entrance. I will try it out next time. I will also look for CR42. Thanks.
Yea, check it out, good stuff! Drop a line if you want to ride sometime, or if you think I'm too crazy thats cool too :badteeth:

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Great video....the roads there look like a blast!!!

Where do you have your gear indicator attached?...mine is up by my gauges, like where yours is better.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great video....the roads there look like a blast!!!

Where do you have your gear indicator attached?...mine is up by my gauges, like where yours is better.
Mine is dual-lock velcro'd to the ram air duct, I hate the location but too lazy to make a bracket so it will be right next to my gauges. It's kinda hard to see cause the clutch cable is in the way.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I remember crabb river road from my houston days. good fun, but nothing compares to racers road. :helmet:

do you have any vids on FM1458 between san felipe and pattison? wouldnt mind re-living that stretch of pavement.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts