Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a full arata system for my zx10r I dont have a pcIII. If i install it with out one will i still get a horse power increase or will it run like crap i've only had slip on's in the past this is my first full system and if i spend another 350 on a pcIII my wife will kill me. So should i put it on with out it or just wait 3 or 4 months untill I can get a pcIII so the wife doesent kill me. Anyone else have a full system w/o a pcIII.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Have the wife contact me with funeral arrangements cuz you should have a PC3usb to maximize the potential of the exhaust otherwise its somewhat of a waste. I'll be going without one mainly because i only have a slip and its not as critical.

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
the pc3 will help it

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
You will be fine but it is best to use a PCIII. Full systems MUST be designed to work with stock fi or carburation because they dont expect you to HAVE to buy a PC.
Anyways you will get the PC for less than $270 if you contact a sponsor on this site.
The PC gave me a nice gain over just my slipon and is my most recommended mod.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you spent the money on a full system you should spend the money on the power commander and proper tuning. I would personally rather have a slip-on and a power commander than just a full system.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
jeffzx998 said:
If you spent the money on a full system you should spend the money on the power commander and proper tuning. I would personally rather have a slip-on and a power commander than just a full system.
^^^Agreed!

I put a full Yosh on my Gixxer about a week before I got the PC. It ran pretty crappy below 5 grand. If what they say is true about the 10 running rich it might not affect it as much. But I would still plan on getting one.
Now take your wife's skirt off yourself and tell her to put it on, then go order a PC3. :lol: J/K

·
Registered
390 Posts
Andy - you didn't just go there??? Ha! We were all thinking it- we just didn't say it. Ha! No matter. Andy is right - -that Arata is a super-sweet system and is a top level performance exhaust, but you'll never see that performance without a "Properly mapped" PC3 usb. I almost threw my PC3 in the garbage after trying 3-4 different maps. I actually took the whole unit off the bike I was so disappointed.....UNTIL I had it properly mapped. Then the bike came to life in a way that even I was very suprised by. Money's always an issue. You will spend it eventually. It might take time but you'll do it.... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts