Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike dynoed with a slip on system and just upgraded to a full akra evo system. For the time being what changes should i make to get me in the right direction untill i get it dynoed ageain.

if feels flat to me. From comparing the charts on The DJ website it seams i need to lean out the low,leave the mid where its at and richen the top. Does this sound about right?

To my question does any one have Custom maps of slip on V full akra that they can post so i can get a better idea of where i need to be.

ALso
race intake
14.1/1 comp
Mild port job
ect.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
If you call dynojet support and tell them exactly what you have then there's a couple guys there that have given me some very helpful input and map info before. they'll tell you which "base" map to use and then suggest what and where the changes should be made depending on what mods you have. I've called them a few times and they've always came thru for me, it will at least hold ya over till you get the new custom map made. be careful leaning her out too much though. I know a guy who JUST locked up his gixxer 600 motor friday night while on the dyno and they had it VERY lean to try and keep it from popping and backfiring.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I had my bike dynoed with a slip on system and just upgraded to a full akra evo system. For the time being what changes should i make to get me in the right direction untill i get it dynoed ageain.

if feels flat to me. From comparing the charts on The DJ website it seams i need to lean out the low,leave the mid where its at and richen the top. Does this sound about right?

To my question does any one have Custom maps of slip on V full akra that they can post so i can get a better idea of where i need to be.

ALso
race intake
14.1/1 comp
Mild port job
ect.
Sorry to be a post whore but i just noticed your list of mods and wanted to ask....what's a "mild" port job? i thought it was either ported,ported and polished, or stock? Just checking is all and how much improvement did you see on the dyno after doing this? thanx

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to be a post whore but i just noticed your list of mods and wanted to ask....what's a "mild" port job? i thought it was either ported,ported and polished, or stock? Just checking is all and how much improvement did you see on the dyno after doing this? thanx
Pretty much just some clean up of factory flaws. Also The valve seats were blended to the ports. Stock there was a 1/16 in gap in some places. also did a little touch up on the exhaust side. Nothing major.

I had have no idea of hp gains because i did a bunch of other stuff at the same time. BUt i would guess 1-2 hp. so its not worth taking the head off to do unless you already have it off.

Here are some pics.
before

after

1 - 4 of 4 Posts