Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a smoking deal on a full system exhaust for my zx10r. I had a few questions... I will be using the bike for both street and some track. With a full system and with the exup exhaust valve removed, will the bike run poorly on the street? I know that exhaust valve evolved to moderate the back pressure thereby increasing torque and driveablility for the street. Without it, will there be a big and negative difference?

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
improvement. It frees restriction. I have a full exhaust on mine and love riding.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I got a smoking deal on a full system exhaust for my zx10r. I had a few questions... I will be using the bike for both street and some track. With a full system and with the exup exhaust valve removed, will the bike run poorly on the street? I know that exhaust valve evolved to moderate the back pressure thereby increasing torque and driveablility for the street. Without it, will there be a big and negative difference?
You need a PC3 and dyno tune with a full system.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pc3 but i'll have to pinch some pennies to save up for the dyno, and the wife's b-day is coming up so it may be awhile. It will probably have to be one thing at a time.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have a bunch of mods on my 04, I am using the Akrapovic full system map from the dynojet site and it works great!

I have full evo II, pcIII, thin head gasket, and kit intake cam!

I ride it in the canyons and she has plenty of low to mid....on the track it is off the hook on top end!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's decided. I'm putting the system on tomorrow. One question, will getting rid of the exhaust valve trigger an error warning?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I think it's decided. I'm putting the system on tomorrow. One question, will getting rid of the exhaust valve trigger an error warning?
Leave the servo for the exhaust valve plugged in, just remove the valve cables and you won't get the FI light.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Not if you leave the servo motor plugged in!

Just disconnect the cables!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have a bunch of mods on my 04, I am using the Akrapovic full system map from the dynojet site and it works great!

I have full evo II, pcIII, thin head gasket, and kit intake cam!

I ride it in the canyons and she has plenty of low to mid....on the track it is off the hook on top end!
You're using a generic map with those mods :eyecrazy: Well I guess if it works for you that's what counts but unless you hit the jackpot with that map, there'd still be room for improvement.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
true, I forgot I have those things.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You're using a generic map with those mods :eyecrazy: Well I guess if it works for you that's what counts but unless you hit the jackpot with that map, there'd still be room for improvement.
Well after all that I was gonna get the custom map, but I am so into my ZX6 07 right now racing($$$) I just have not got around to it.

Runs very good by the way. The inside of my pipe is a nice light brown.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well after all that I was gonna get the custom map, but I am so into my ZX6 07 right now racing($$$) I just have not got around to it.

Runs very good by the way. The inside of my pipe is a nice light brown.
As long as the inside of your undies is not a nice light brown bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, I have the stock headers off but the manual says that there's a gasket that goes on. I was wondering if I need this gasket with the Arata headers?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have heard.................:)

That a full system without a PCiii will make the bike stutter, (at low revs 4k'ish )then go.............

A stutter i could do without

If your ragging it 6K+ up to it red line its fine

Basically if your road riding, get a PCIII :)

HTH

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes i have a pc3... I was just wondering if I need to use a gasket on the headers and if it is ok to lightly grease the pipe's junctions?

·
Registered
395 Posts
yes i have a pc3... I was just wondering if I need to use a gasket on the headers and if it is ok to lightly grease the pipe's junctions?

Have you had it dyno'ed ?

IE, fuel to air ratio sorted?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts