Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need a PC3 and custom map to get the most out of a full exhaust system but I was wondering if I can use the full system without the PC3? Will it cause problems? Lean, rich, A/F ratio etc. I wont be running without one for long but if it is going to cause problems I'll wait to install it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yes it will cause problems! to what degree is the key question??

BD

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it will cause problems! to what degree is the key question??

BD
Is it one of those things I wont know what problems it will cause unless I try it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have a full yoshi and not pc3, i know its not smart. but i have ckecked my plugs and they were fine. i know its more of a problem then just it running rich or lean, but havnt noticed anything else.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i run full akrapovics with no pc runs great with no problems but im sure i can get even more performance out of with a pc and will so soon! (on an 06)

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the PC3 and will have it soon but now i need a map that I can use with:
Beet full exhaust
K&N filter
GI Pro

Going to get a custom map after I install an intake cam and thin head gasket but need something that will work until then.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
it always better to have a map to go with whatever exhaust system you fit. To maximise the benefit of a full exhaust system has to offer.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
A PC3 just makes it slower :sad:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Is it one of those things I wont know what problems it will cause unless I try it?
You could seriouly hurt your engine because the full system will cause a lean condition because it breather better.

Leaning to what degree ? I don't know. All I know is that I would not even think of doing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts