Votes: 54 58.7%
  • Full system

Votes: 38 41.3%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 ZX10R brand new (left over from last year) and I want to change the exhaust. My question is I know that the full system is very expensive and I don't have a lot to spend, so is it worth the extra money to wait and save for the full, or will the slip-on get the job done just fine for a lot less ? I'm not a racer, but I do love the power, so this will be primarilly for street riding. This is the first mod i'm looking at doing, is this the best place to start ? How much extra power do you really get by going full/slip-on ?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
A quality slip-on will perform as well as a full system until the 9-10k area and then the superior flow, collector shape and length of the head pipes takes over.

BD

·
Registered
269 Posts
Big Daddy said:
A quality slip-on will perform as well as a full system until the 9-10k area and then the superior flow, collector shape and length of the head pipes takes over.

BD
:+1: exactly

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wasted plenty of money on full systems. Buy a nice previously owned slip-on if you can find one. Take the extra money you will save and buy your girlfriend something nice.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
smalls23 said:
slip-on, if your not draggin or a serious track rider you are throwing money away
:+1: :iamwithst

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
BigBlue said:
forget the slip-on and get race tires!
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed. :bitchslap He said he rides on the street. Put race tires on a street ridden bike.:headshake

·
Registered
477 Posts
"Take the extra money you will save and buy your girlfriend something nice."

what? speaking of tools. hahaha Get the slip on, and spend the money saved on getting the bike mapped right, to get the best from the slip on and make the bike much nicer to ride etc. FORGET ya MRS. Hahaha

·
Registered
443 Posts
i put the full system on mine with power commander and it rides like a completly different bike to me, especially above 6k, it really screams, but it is alot more exspensive too...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
There is a 4 to 5 hp difference between a slip, and full. The choice also depends on your long term goals. If you plan to massage the engine from more power later then go full system. If you just want better looks, sound, and a touch more grunt the go slip. I would suggest a PC3USB regardless of which way you go.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
upsman said:
I wasted plenty of money on full systems. Buy a nice previously owned slip-on if you can find one. Take the extra money you will save and buy your girlfriend something nice.
You could take the extra money you save and buy your girl a nice purse and a dildo that way if she dont like the purse she can go fuck herself!!!:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ghost666 said:
You could take the extra money you save and buy your girl a nice purse and a dildo that way if she dont like the purse she can go fuck herself!!!:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
now that ain't right.....however i wouldn't mind seeing a pic or vid of it. :cool:

BD

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like slip on is winning so far, kinda hoped for that, I'm on a tight budget. I think I want to go with either black, carbon fiber, titanium, or one of those green faded things. My bike is the green and black 05 zx10r and I really don't think that a stainless will look good on it. Any suggestions (whats the best brands) for best bang for the buck slip-on ?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
No need for a full system on the street. I had to have the EVO 2, but it really is a waste when I'm not at the track. The green looks good with either carbon or ti canisters.

Akra, Arata, Sato, and TiForce all make good pipes and most are right around $500. Give or take a little.

Like someone else mentioned, if your budget is even tighter than that, watch here or ebay for a good used one.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Jamie26 said:
i put the full system on mine with power commander and it rides like a completly different bike to me, especially above 6k, it really screams, but it is alot more exspensive too...
i just installed a ti yosh rs-3,bmc race filter, and a pc3 with the dan kyle map and the bike came alive.much better response.i,m perfectly happy with the slip on set up for the street but now i definitely need a damper cuz the head shake is gettin brutal.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
If you need every last hp, then get a full system.

If you just want a little more sound, and better looks then get the slip on.

Either way, get a Power Commander.

Chris

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
You can always buy a slip on and then get the header later. That is what I did and saved me alot of money.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts