Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i absolutely love my 07 Gen 2 ZX10R. Always had full systems on my bikes. Is it worth $1200 AUD to put one of these Sato systems on? Anyone know a cheaper option. I have a 2 Bros single can setup that came on the bike. I have not done the TRE yet. should I? I do have a Carbon Akro can lying around, so a set of headers with plumbing to can would be ok... maybe. Does anyone sell just the headers? Arrow and Akro are dual pipe and pretty pricey. I did do the search here on Sato full system, some good info, links to dyno charts didnt work, not much recent feedback. Any feedback on full system would be great. Or is there a Cat eliminator mid pipe? is there a midpipe available to get my Akro fitted out the side?
And then im asking about maps I guess if you guys can convince me to go down a certain path.
Screenshot_20201121-002318_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-002333_eBay.jpg

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,879 Posts
A full system with a proper tune for that will gain you the more than a slip-on will. That goes for a link pipe as a link pipe and slip-on combo is still not going to be as good as the full system matched with the headers. But that also requires a fuel tuner on the bike. Either through the ECU directly with the reflash software or a piggyback fuel controller like a Bazzaz or PCV. You have to have the ability to tune it according to the exhaust. The TRE is pretty worthless, but it is cheap. If you're going to tune it properly, then the TRE won't do anything for you. Pick the system you like for your bike, open your wallet up, and find a good tuner for it. You can search for dyno charts all you want, but you're not going to be able to bolt anything on and match those. That's all about the quality and skill of the person doing the tune for YOUR bike.

Reactions: KiwiMat

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If absolutely hell bent on getting every single piece of hp out of your bike then yeah the full system is the way to go.
Otherwise, knocking the cats out or installing a catless link pipe should do the trick. I don't recall people making "THAT" much more horsepower with a full system vs a catless mid-pipe, slip on combo. With just the catless midpipe and slip on and ecu flashed, the bike still goes like a mad man.

That said, I still look on ebay about once a week for a nassert beet full system for my bike. lol. I might have to settle for a Akra full system as those pop up a lot more often..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done, paid for, should arrive in about a week i guess. Im excited!!
Thanks for your input guys. Mike at Kyle Racing knows what hes talking about and looked after me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
during the exhaust purchase i might have accidentally bought a Brembo Master cylinder and reservior to go with my CBR1000 2011 monoblock calipers and braided lines..... ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts