Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a full Exhaust set up for my 2005. I have tried to find dyno results out there so I can get the best bang for my buck. I really haven't seen many. Most are just with slip ons.

Here are my current performance mods for 2005 10 with 1,100 miles on it.

BMC Full RACE filter (installed at 1,013miles)
PC3 (not installed)
520 chain/sprocket conversion. 16 front 41 rear (not installed)

the pc3 and 520 conversion is not installed b/c I figured I would wait till I got a full exhaust set up.

I been looking at Akra and Hamaguchi.

If anyone has any opinions or personal experiences please let me know. thanks

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
you will "SEARCH" and find that 100+ riders before you have beaten this dead horse, even myself. youve narrowed it down to the two best systems out there in many peoples opinion. good luck getting honest dyno numbers between the to unless the bikes had the exact same set up and dyno'd on the same day. i like the akra's myself ;)

i have the same mods on my 10r and enjoy the sound or the akra, buttt this system looks sweet and differant. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Hamaguchi_Full_Titanium_Exhaust_System_Kawasaki_ZX10R--11-HAMA-2.html
id contact our site sponsors via "wanted" section before making a purchase. talk to dewayne at cycle concepts, he rocks!
i believe our very own "ruthless" aka kenny of ruthless racing is sponsored by hama.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
As far as bang for the buck I think the Akra or Leo's are great pipes. You can get a full system stainless with titanium or carbon can for about $1000. Now if you don't care about how loud your bike is the Boz Moira isn't to bad either. I run that on my 05 and it made the same top end power as the Akra but a tad less midrange. Only about 2hp difference and not even a blip on the torque curve. Also altogether I think the Boz weighs 5-6lbs. Saves about 5-6lbs over the Akra and about 30lbs over stock. I picked up mine brand new for about half that of the Akra.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get a a FULL TI Akra system with Carbon Fiber Can for $1,100 new and I'm thinking that's a good deal... So most likely I will just go with that.

(also) I am wondering what the weight of the stock exhaust (full) system is? I see a lot of after market companies claiming there TI systems to be 9 or 10 lbs total but I never see anything on the stock numbers. I am just curious what a full stock system weighs... thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Ths stock exhaust is pretty light , but I was extremely suprised at how light the Hamaguchi system is, 9lbs exactly , it was a significant power increase with stepped and tapered pipes all the way to the muffler and fantastic quality, especially the wagiri welds.

A small issue (not for me) is, because the intermediate pipe steps up to a huge diameter my Gilles rearsets have to be set as high as possible when they are in the back position , thats the way I like them anyway, stock rearsets work fine for fitment.

And if you are a sound freak, you will love the deep tone.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
As far as bang for the buck I think the Akra or Leo's are great pipes. You can get a full system stainless with titanium or carbon can for about $1000. Now if you don't care about how loud your bike is the Boz Moira isn't to bad either. I run that on my 05 and it made the same top end power as the Akra but a tad less midrange. Only about 2hp difference and not even a blip on the torque curve. Also altogether I think the Boz weighs 5-6lbs. Saves about 5-6lbs over the Akra and about 30lbs over stock. I picked up mine brand new for about half that of the Akra.
I dont know how you saved 5-6 pounds over the akra, i dont think the akra even weighs 5 or 6 pounds, it was like holding air :headshake

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
thats good info. i didnt think the boz would be able to compete w the evo system!

For 05 I would go Race fit. The look is great and also great performance.
shit, the man wants a system not a slip-on. theres a couple hp difference there.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so the Akra full system that I can get my hands on for $1,100 is the EVO system. It's the first evo system I believe.

Worth it????

The head gasket links you sent are cheap, but I bet there going to cost a lot to get installed :)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
so the Akra full system that I can get my hands on for $1,100 is the EVO system. It's the first evo system I believe.

Worth it????

The head gasket links you sent are cheap, but I bet there going to cost a lot to get installed :)
I bought my akra evo 2 (short can) from indysuperbikes with cf can :leghump: for 1250 shipped they dont make the oval cans any more and are hard to find especially in carbon fiber, they show up on ebay every once in a while and go fairly cheap i love my pipe just got it on and man does it look tits and sounds amazing :eek:ccasion1 ill post pics this weekend as i hope to get her back together, cause shes naked right now

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought my akra evo 2 (short can) from indysuperbikes with cf can :leghump: for 1250 shipped they dont make the oval cans any more and are hard to find especially in carbon fiber, they show up on ebay every once in a while and go fairly cheap i love my pipe just got it on and man does it look tits and sounds amazing :eek:ccasion1 ill post pics this weekend as i hope to get her back together, cause shes naked right now

haha Yea let me see her fine ass. Maybe even a nice sound clip. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you wanna save some weight get Beet! Thats what I got. I weighed the stock exhaust at about 26 lbs, and the Beet only weighed 6! The entire system... 6lbs... And it sounds sooooo good

The stock mufflers weigh 5.5 lbs each

1 - 20 of 45 Posts