Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2010 ZX-10R with a ton of mods and upgrades. The Bazzaz FiTc+qs was on of them. I don't get any track time(my wife thinks the track is more dangerous than the SoCal highways for some reason) so it's been for casual weekend rides with her on her 2015 300 and for my 150 miles a day commute. My question is... would there be a map or setting ideal for commuting or should I just not worry about it until I (fingers crossed) get some track time?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Sorry no one has responded to you before now.

In general, no. You wouldn't load a "commuter" map versus a "performance" map. The purpose of the system is to tune the bike for proper running. Doesn't matter if you're just cruising around on it or tearing up tires at the track. A good running bike with the proper AFR and throttle response is what the tuner boxes allow you to dial in based on upgrades and to correct OEM issues. If it's running fine and you're happy with it, leave it alone. If you notice surging, part throttle cruising issues, weak spots in the power band, etc, then it would behoove you to get your map tuned.

Now, the bigger issue is why your wife is against the track. No cops, no drunk drivers, no texting drivers, no guardrails, no wild animals, no man hole covers, no curbs, no mountain cliffs, full protective gear only, emergency crews within a minute of you, and a helluva lotta fun for the whole family! You should be working that angle rather than worrying about commuting with a Bazzaz rig.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. It's greatly appreciated. I will show her your words of encouragement for hitting the track. You seemed more convincing and had some very valid points. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I showed your reply to my wife before work last week and now she wants to go get a track suit before me...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
I showed your reply to my wife before work last week and now she wants to go get a track suit before me...
Boom!

Now, go sign up for a newbie trackday and get her involved. Remind her that riding in a controlled environment for a trackday is as much about learning to ride properly with instruction as it is about going balls-out and having fun. The skills learned at the track are directly relateable to street riding. At the track, invite her to the riders meeting as an observer so she knows the ins-and-outs and the rules they hold the riders to. Get with others in your area going to the trackday and get her involved in prepping the bike and getting your accommodations and trip planned out. Have her meet some of the control riders and instructors and other riders at the track. Before you know it, she'll be as hooked as you are.

Do as I say, don't do as I do though, cause I don't want wife anywhere near a track. :rant::boxing::protest::argue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts