Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey to all, just registered!
Previously had an 05 zx10r and just 'upgraded' to the 08 and had many aftermarket parts left over, selling many on ebay now, except my akro evolution system...
It took a good deal of fiddling and tweaking but i've managed to fit the 04/05 akrapovic to my 08! Very happy with the result, although the fit is tight, eg; radiator and sump clearances aren't there!
Bike is booked in with Tim Blakemore (who set my last bike up) next week to be mapped with a race BMC filter, butterfly removal and pc5.
Results will be comparative as I had my 05 dyno'd there as did my dad with his 06/07 zx10r...
Wonder what it'll make...Tim reckons the akro will still give good gains over the restrictive standard...
Anyone else tried this??
Will try and get pics up soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek:ccasion1 cheers, managed to adapt the radiator bracket now too so there's clearance, think this is def an alternative to buying the much more expensive 08' systems

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Damn man that is a tight fit! I am working on fitting an 08 exhaust on my 06. I have all the pieces now I just need the time to finish it.

I would think with such a tight fit after a while you might rub through the exhaust. Other members have experienced this when fitting an 04-05 exhaust onto an 06-07 but others have had no issues.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
would the other way around work to?
I really like how some 3rd gen systems look compared to the 1st gen

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm not a exhaust expert by no means but sure enough if you cut some of the can it would look much better. Don't get wrong it looks good now but I see what others are saying about cutting it and it will be perfect then. Nice job by the way.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts