Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess mine took a shit. i got the bike together enough to take it for a lap around the block and it ran like shit. when i got it back in the garage i noticed it(the pc) didnt have any of the lights on. i took off the tank and airbox and everything was correct but i still unplugged everything and plug em in again still no light on on the pc. fukkitt im taking it back to the shop i purchased it at toomorrow. that kinda suxxxx cuz i was planning to go to the dyno saturday. i think ill still go and just reflash the stock puter.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Damn that's the reason I still haven't got one. Too many horror stories.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Andy said:
that's the reason I still haven't got one. Too many horror stories.
+1.....oh yeah...Im broke too.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
trikchop said:
i guess mine took a shit. i got the bike together enough to take it for a lap around the block and it ran like shit. when i got it back in the garage i noticed it(the pc) didnt have any of the lights on. i took off the tank and airbox and everything was correct but i still unplugged everything and plug em in again still no light on on the pc. fukkitt im taking it back to the shop i purchased it at toomorrow. that kinda suxxxx cuz i was planning to go to the dyno saturday. i think ill still go and just reflash the stock puter.
Trik:

I don't know if you just installed the pc...if so: 1) did you do the utility upgrade from the pc site for the ZX10R? this prevents any known problems and is needed. 2) did you connect the pc to the correct connector to the right rear under the fuel rail as the one on the front left will not work. If you connected it to the wrong one the bike won't even idle. 3) Is the ground wire connected cleanly to the battery?

You may have had it running for some time...if so try 1) and 3)...my PC works great and has really helped my bike at ALL rpm

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I had a pc on my 12, it ran like shit the entire time, even had the dam thing dynoed what a waste of money. I took it off the 12 and threw the dam thing in the trash can.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Mine runs great, I had to adjust the idle to not be so lumpy but the PC really helped transform my bike into a beast.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Problems with the IIIR on ZX12's was very commmon around here. Otherwise never heard of any other failures locally. PC replaced all failed units. Send your back for peace of mind (after checking ground and trying a different map).

·
Banned
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
austin, many thanks bro for the advise. i had the thing plugged into the big ass grey cannector not the brown one on the right side of the fuel rail. the bikes running good and im gonna go too the dyno toomorrow.
thanks again bro.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
trikchop said:
austin, many thanks bro for the advise. i had the thing plugged into the big ass grey cannector not the brown one on the right side of the fuel rail. the bikes running good and im gonna go too the dyno toomorrow.
thanks again bro.
Don't feel bad. I did the same thing when I first got my PC.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
trikchop said:
thanks again bro.
I know cuz like Miykl, I did the same dang thing!! Send me a map if you get a good one...

Austin

·
Banned
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
full spectrum racing said he could. i dunno if he was having a brain fart or what but ill ask him toomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts