Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[rant on] Like it isn't bad enough that I haven't slept in my bed in a month! AND I've been told my office is not reopening in New Orleans- officially a Texan now. BUT NOW, I just found out that the levee less than 1/2 a mile from my house is breached in 4 places. I'm fugged with no reach around!! So far the small canal between me and the major canal that the levee follows is draining the water. It's nearing capacity. After it tops, it's bye bye to all my stuff and the P-car. Can I get a break???

...at least I have a job and am alive, but hell this sucks! [\rant off]

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Man, somebody doesn't love ya. Maybe....you'll get lucky and your stuff will not be hurt. Not knowing NO myself, but it sounds like you're in deep from your description. Good luck.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry to hear that Miykl, I'm sure it really sucks right now but I know you will rebuild back to normacy where ever you live over time.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about the bring down guys. It's just when I had a plan for a return to normalcy I got sukka punched again. Trying to keep positive but it's damn hard.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Sorry to hear Miykl...

Just try to look on the bright side of things! And dont worry about the things you cant controll!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Man, I really hate that for ya... But I believe everything happens for a reason. I know it's tough not knowing what the reason is at the time though. Stay as positive as you can and maybe the reason for this will reveal it's self soon. Prayers sent up for you. :wink:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the well wishes and sympathy. At this point it looks as though the house may be spared again.

Letting go of things I can't control is damn hard. I'm a "fixer" by nature and continuously try to problem solve and plan a course of action. This morning I was resolute in what I was going to do from this point on. Then, BAM! Another wrench in the gears. Fug it. It'll work out.

Thanks again for putting up with the rant.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
miykl said:
Sorry about the bring down guys. It's just when I had a plan for a return to normalcy I got sukka punched again. Trying to keep positive but it's damn hard.

Dude, of all people, you certainly have the right to complain. I feel for you.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
king-tony said:
Dude, of all people, you certainly have the right to complain. I feel for you.
not really. I have friends that lost it all. Some how it doesn't make me feel better though. But I know I really have a good situation compared to a lot of good hard working people that did not deserve any of this.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
miykl said:
not really. I have friends that lost it all. Some how it doesn't make me feel better though. But I know I really have a good situation compared to a lot of good hard working people that did not deserve any of this.

I was referring to the fact that you moved closer to hill :badteeth:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I too am sorry to hear of your predicament. It looks like while we were dodging a bullet here in Houston, Louisiana all the way over to New Orleans was taking it up the shorts again. It's really hard know what to say. I guess -- Keep your spirits up best you can.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
king-tony said:
I was referring to the fact that you moved closer to hill :badteeth:
:crackup:

Mikyl, sorry to hear man.....tough now, i know, but everythings gotta get better ....Keep your head up bro

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Hey Miykl,hope your life takes an upturn real soon,even if things seem crappy right now at least you're alive & well,that's the important part.Good luck man.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Most times it works out for the best, even if it doesn't look that way today.
Yup, try to be optimistic. For example, there is only 44% of the hurricane season left this year. Seriously, I hope they can control the floods so recovery can get back underway ASAP. This has been unbelievably devastating. I hope your toys survive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can almost hear them chanting Allah is good allah is great, Allah is good allah is great, Allah is good allah is great.

In all seriousness, that must be awful, your life must seem very uncertain at the moment.
Hope things get better for you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts