Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 ZX10 Gen4, ABS model

Hey guys, well I got my Two bros pipe and the bike sounds awesome.

I can also feel a definite difference in how the bike performs. for the better.

But there is an issue and I hope you guys can help me solve it.

In town riding there are no issues, the bike accelerates fine, I know the stock fueling is very rich if not please correct me but I can smell petrol on me after a ride so that is my guess.

I only have the pipe on the rest is all standard.

We got on a piece of highway and i tried riding a constant speed like 120km/h, it sounded like either the bike was flooding or running out of petrol, and it lost power then about 2 seconds later it will come back to life again, I could anticipate when it was going to do it by the sound it made just before slowly loosing power and if I close the throttle completely it would accelerate just fine.

there is nothing wrong when I open up then it pulls fine just when riding constant speed is when it is doing this hick-up thing.

We did get a plug with the pipe to fool the computer into thinking there is a sensor on the exhaust and it is not giving any errors.

So please shoot guys any ideas? What can I do to solve this issue?

Just another quick one: I am sure a power commander will fix the issue but will the traction control be effected in any way? I know it might be a stupid question just checking all my choices.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
2011 ZX10 Gen4, ABS model

Hey guys, well I got my Two bros pipe and the bike sounds awesome.

I can also feel a definite difference in how the bike performs. for the better.

But there is an issue and I hope you guys can help me solve it.

In town riding there are no issues, the bike accelerates fine, I know the stock fueling is very rich if not please correct me but I can smell petrol on me after a ride so that is my guess.

I only have the pipe on the rest is all standard.

We got on a piece of highway and i tried riding a constant speed like 120km/h, it sounded like either the bike was flooding or running out of petrol, and it lost power then about 2 seconds later it will come back to life again, I could anticipate when it was going to do it by the sound it made just before slowly loosing power and if I close the throttle completely it would accelerate just fine.

there is nothing wrong when I open up then it pulls fine just when riding constant speed is when it is doing this hick-up thing.

We did get a plug with the pipe to fool the computer into thinking there is a sensor on the exhaust and it is not giving any errors.

So please shoot guys any ideas? What can I do to solve this issue?

Just another quick one: I am sure a power commander will fix the issue but will the traction control be effected in any way? I know it might be a stupid question just checking all my choices.

Thanks guys
could be your fuel to air ratio. do you have a power commander?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Euro model I assume by the petrol and km/h stuff?

I wonder if it isn't due to the "plug that fools the bike into thinking the o2 sensor is there."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts