Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the recommended fuel octane for 05 zx10r, I don have the manuals or service,, thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the info, i was already putting 93 in it, It has a brocks sidewinder and kn filter with pc map,, runs good. i just have heard from some that 87 is better for the bike..

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Thank for the info, i was already putting 93 in it, It has a brocks sidewinder and kn filter with pc map,, runs good. i just have heard from some that 87 is better for the bike..
You can run 87. If you hear any pinging you know to go up on the octane. But many say 87 makes more power.
If getting a custom tune or using a generic map for a PC just make sure 93 is not called for. My tune is on 93.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a brocks sidewinder and kn filter, the map for the pc3 is for the pipe and filter, It's set up for the 1/8th mile, 12 over machintosh arm, -1/+6, lowered and straped, mps air shifter, run a consistent 6.05. on 93 octane, dont know if 87 would give it some more power, cant hurt to try. thank

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
is the map on it a downloaded map or is it a custom tune?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
manual calls for 91+ octane but if you dont expereince detonation with 87 your bike will make more power because it will burn faster.

·
Registered
986 Posts
page 46 of the manual says 90 octane.....then goes on alot about additives and blends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts