Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Recently picked up that my bike started leaking fuel, sent her in for inspection/repairs and now the tank is completed dented in and cracked at the bottom, this bike has not been in an accident, what other causes could lead to this happening?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Guys

Recently picked up that my bike started leaking fuel, sent her in for inspection/repairs and now the tank is completed dented in and cracked at the bottom, this bike has not been in an accident, what other causes could lead to this happening?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
They don't just miraculously damage themselves for no reason. Something happened to it.

Pics?

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Welcome!

Two things that come to the top of my mind on this. First, if the vent lines were crimped/crushed under the tank improperly, it can implode the tank slightly from the fuel pump sucking the fuel out of it (as realpsi stated above). Next would be the it got removed and dropped onto something.

Without knowing exactly where it's dented though, t's hard to say.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Looks like a venting issue implosion to me. I would look into that so it doesn't happen again when you get the tank back.

Oh, and :welcome:!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Either your fuel pump did it or maybe the shop vacuum tested the tank? I don't know, but as mentioned check the venting. It takes very little to implode a tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts