Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it be possible that the fuel tank breather gets clogged or might be pinched somewhere?

I recently purchased a small tank bag and noticed that when I take it off, the whole underside of the bag is covered in gasoline. Obviously it's worse on a full tank, but I don't remember my last Gen2 having this issue at all.

Another thought that there is a gasket in there that needs to be replaced...

:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Im just gonna throw this out there dude, i dont know if it has anything to do with your problem or not but i had a gas tank go bad on me one time from rusting, i know probably not what yours is doing but it created pressure in the tank and the tank could not vent properly. I just bought a GenII so i havent looked at how it vents but i think it might be different than my 636. You could be blocking the venting somehow by putting your tank bag on there. I know i can hear my tank whistle on the 10r when pressure builds up. Leave the tank bag off for a while as an experiment?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just gonna throw this out there dude, i dont know if it has anything to do with your problem or not but i had a gas tank go bad on me one time from rusting, i know probably not what yours is doing but it created pressure in the tank and the tank could not vent properly. I just bought a GenII so i havent looked at how it vents but i think it might be different than my 636. You could be blocking the venting somehow by putting your tank bag on there. I know i can hear my tank whistle on the 10r when pressure builds up. Leave the tank bag off for a while as an experiment?
I'm going to tear it down this weekend and make sure the breather hose is properly attached and not blocked up.

Stupid bike. :helmet:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The stock cap vents out the top. Aftermarket cap assemblies use a tube that you'd down into a tiny hole in tank. The stock assembly is a spring/pressure style and having a heavy bag over it wont allow the cap to rise when pressure builds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts