Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL this just started yesterday i was about to go for a ride BUT the fuel pump would'nt come on:dontknow, this just started out of the blue does anybody have ant idea what the hell could be going on?

I did check the plug
I checked the fuse box
I made sure the battery was 100% chargered up
I put my spare pump on the bike still nothing
:dontknow: HELP:dontknow:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Take off your tank and fuel pump and turn on key with run switch off, get your multi meter ready then flip the run switch to on and test the wires going away from the tank and pump to make sure they have power, if so then you can plug your pump in and put your ear right up to it and listen for noise, or get 2 wires and run from batt to fuel pump and see if it runs the pump. Then you will know if it is the pump or not

ps make sure there is gas in the tank :thumbsup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
the relay box may have crapped out on you....the little black box with the 2 connectors on the top of the ECU.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Tony check the connector on the main wiring harness behind the left side cover. It's taped up with the harness, mine did the same thing. I moved the wiring around and the fuel pump kicked on immediately. It is a 10-12 pin connector and it corrods and burns itself up.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same problem with my bike, I'll be watching this thread as well. Here's a link to mine that has a lot of suggestions. Good luck and keep me posted if you figure it out.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119049
thx i seen yours yesterday i was having something like what your having going on 2 months ago it was my battery plus connector that goes to the relay on the right side:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx guys i will check when i get home from work today, its crazy because i was just riding the bike the day before:dontknow:

·
Registered
972 Posts
i did have the fuel circut in the ECU shit the bed too....it was self induced, everythign worked perfect, except the fuel pump priming........replaced the ECU and all went back to normal.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might sound crazy but i think it was not having my front sprocket cover on, I put my cover back on now my pump is working again crazy, it must be a ground im thinking

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tony check the connector on the main wiring harness behind the left side cover. It's taped up with the harness, mine did the same thing. I moved the wiring around and the fuel pump kicked on immediately. It is a 10-12 pin connector and it corrods and burns itself up.
:thumbsup: wasnt the side cover like i thought:thumbsup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
welllllllllll.............what was it then??? (they asked with such inquizzation)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welllllllllll.............what was it then??? (they asked with such inquizzation)
well it done it again after work i moved the main wiringharness on the left side of the bike it came on, im not 100% sure i think something has a loose connection im still looking:dontknow:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got my bike fixed at a shop. The problem was a faulty ignition switch. They said it wasn't common at all and it took em a while to narrow it down to that but maybe you could check it out if you haven't fixed it already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi my pump is not priming where should I start. Where does the kickstand switch plug into the harness

1 - 18 of 18 Posts