Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a Walbro fuel pump in my 08. I got a Walbro GSS342 21109-1 off ebay. Think I got the wrong one, won't fit. does anyone know the right pump. Stock pump on left. 0707121217.jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
LOL,kawi claimed that the fuel pump of gen3 was non detachable and cannot clean the fuel filter.

Was it difficult to detachable ? Did you see the fuel filter?

Would love to see if you can shot some photos.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL,kawi claimed that the fuel pump of gen3 was non detachable and cannot clean the fuel filter.

I didn't have any problem taking it apart. Filter came right out after I got the pump out. I’m just trying to find out what Walbro pump I need to get. I'll try to get photos to show you.

·
Registered
537 Posts
you are the first one mod gen3 pump in this forum .good luck with your mod £¦ let us know the results.thank you very much !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I marked all wires and cases
#1 Take out two screws at top and remove bracket. Take wires off.
#2 Pry the top and bottom case apart evenly using two screwdrivers.
slide plastic case off of metal brackets.
#3 Take small cover over wires off . Take wires off top of motor. Grab motor terminal with pliers and pull up on motor while wiggling back and forth
#4 The filter comes out the opposite end the pump out.
When trying to put pump back together I would use silicone on the rubber O-rings

Attachments

Reactions: plasticbaby

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gen:3 Walbro 255 pump conversion

Here it is Gen:3 Walbro 255 conversion with stock pressure relief valve. Now when I get the motor back in I will let you know how it works,
you are the first one mod gen3 pump in this forum .good luck with your mod £¦ let us know the results.thank you very much !

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Definitely the best gen3 pump mod.Nice cut of the fuel pump blocker(prevent the drop out of the pump), no reason it does not work:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
....just make certain that those little sections of soft rubber hose are submersible high pressure fuel hose.... not just regular high pressure fuel hose. Regular fuel hose will work well for a little while, then you're going to have problems. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....just make certain that those little sections of soft rubber hose are submersible high pressure fuel hose.... not just regular high pressure fuel hose. Regular fuel hose will work well for a little while, then you're going to have problems. :)
I will check on that thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has anyone else needed to replace their fuel pump and tried this mod yet? I'm hoping to find more detailed info or pictures on how to do this as soon as possible on my gen3.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts