Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna have a go at cleaning my fuel pump screen (filter). Looking at the service manual, it says to replace the gasket where the pump mates to the tank. Microfiche describes the gasket as an o-ring, which is usually re-useable. Just curious if people actually replace this or is it one of those overkill factory recommendations like replacing the crush washer on your drain plug every time?

I'm usually meticulous about doing things by the book, but frankly I wanna go ride after this and don't feel like waiting a week for RonAyers to ship one.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I replaced mine just in case my original wanted too act up.. i have a spare now..
U should b fine reusing it ..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Just finished buttoning her up. Job went smooth...fuel pump had crap all inside it so I gave it and the screen a thorough cleaning. We'll see if it leaks tomorrow :mrgreen:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I used kerosene and a toothbrush, but I think you could use just about any solvent as long as it isn't too harsh.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is made from Viton Rubber so it is chemical resistant to almost everything but acid. Also apply a little oil or vasoline to it. it will last longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts