Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've begun looking at the fuel maps in my gen 5 - through the Woolich Racing software.

A few facts first....

• The ecu has two fuel maps, IAP and TPS, afaik the IAP is used up to 10% TPS (if the info I've gotten is correct), then the TPS map take over.
  • The stock map has a linear increase in injector opening times at a given rpm - meaning - no spikes in sequential cells, it's a slight increase as TPS/IAP increases.
  • Most maps are autotuned, and only cells where the bike has been held have been worked at, meaning, if you put the engine in a cell the tuner hasn't adjusted...see the above point, not one map I've looked at has had a hand on it after the autotune has done it's work, the trim values are all over the place.

There are a few popular maps being shared, and I've compared these with the stock maps.

A common theme is that the maps are leaned out from 8000 rpm and upwards (5-15% leaner than stock, give or take, with the most decrease around 10-11k rpm), and they seem to be close to stock at 13000 rpm.
The maps seem to be enrichened around low load, 3-5k RPM and little throttle (riding around ad 50-80 mph areas), some are silly rich, and pops and bangs on overrun when injectors are shut off and unburnt fuel ignites (my bike has the block off plates fitted)...

The first part, where all maps I've looked at, on decatted bikes, are leaned off from stock, and claimed to have increased power...either Kawasaki runs the maps very rich stock - or the tuners are aiming for bragging numbers with lean conditions up top?

I'm inclined to think the latter is the issue.

I'm running the stock fuel maps for now, with a decat exhaust, and it runs very, very well, smooth and no pops/bangs.
The bike will be on a dyno next week, and have the fuelling checked, it'll be interesting to see the AFR numbers...

To be continued.

BTW - the autoblipper is AWESOME, I gave that very little thought when going for the Woolich kit, but that feature alone is worth it. :grin2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish I understood better how the mapping works. I have the woolich log box and am not sure where to start. I'm thinking dyno. She runs pretty smooth as is but a custom set up would be nice. Let me know how your dyno goes.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
tps stands for throttle position sensor, or that's what I have been believing up until now, ie. it is directly related to how much twist you give the throttle, as for the other one, here is what I know and it is from woolich forum so here is a link cause yeah, it's just easier than selecting all of it on my phone. http://www.woolichracing.com/usersupport/12/1679/iap-map.aspx
hopefully that helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
TPS is throttle position sensor! So feel map will give certain map at different throttle positions, 20% open throttle won't give the same fuel as 50% throttle etc. Usefull to adjust with racing where you might not want the linear correlation between throttle and performance..just my 2c

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

How did the standard fuel maps look compared to your dyno results? I have just installed Woolich Racing software and am trying out a Mapshare map. Interested to see what your results were?

I put the block off plates in, de-cat exhaust, removed O2 sensor, removed exhaust servo, K&N filter.
I am running the Mapshare 98 octane SC Project autotune. Love the autoblipper, the Woolich is worth the money to have that!

Cheers

Ash

A few facts first....

• The ecu has two fuel maps, IAP and TPS, afaik the IAP is used up to 10% TPS (if the info I've gotten is correct), then the TPS map take over.
  • The stock map has a linear increase in injector opening times at a given rpm - meaning - no spikes in sequential cells, it's a slight increase as TPS/IAP increases.
  • Most maps are autotuned, and only cells where the bike has been held have been worked at, meaning, if you put the engine in a cell the tuner hasn't adjusted...see the above point, not one map I've looked at has had a hand on it after the autotune has done it's work, the trim values are all over the place.
There are a few popular maps being shared, and I've compared these with the stock maps.

A common theme is that the maps are leaned out from 8000 rpm and upwards (5-15% leaner than stock, give or take, with the most decrease around 10-11k rpm), and they seem to be close to stock at 13000 rpm.
The maps seem to be enrichened around low load, 3-5k RPM and little throttle (riding around ad 50-80 mph areas), some are silly rich, and pops and bangs on overrun when injectors are shut off and unburnt fuel ignites (my bike has the block off plates fitted)...

The first part, where all maps I've looked at, on decatted bikes, are leaned off from stock, and claimed to have increased power...either Kawasaki runs the maps very rich stock - or the tuners are aiming for bragging numbers with lean conditions up top?

I'm inclined to think the latter is the issue.

I'm running the stock fuel maps for now, with a decat exhaust, and it runs very, very well, smooth and no pops/bangs.
The bike will be on a dyno next week, and have the fuelling checked, it'll be interesting to see the AFR numbers...

To be continued.

BTW - the autoblipper is AWESOME, I gave that very little thought when going for the Woolich kit, but that feature alone is worth it. :grin2:
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I emailed Woolich, I am going to try running the Mapshare map on the Low power mode and have the Factory full and medium power map.
Woolich has so much detail.
I have a 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R ABS KRT Edition which is my 1st Kawasaki. Also have the 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1M I got brand new and which also has Woolich and I have a 2001 Honda VTR1000 SP1 which I love.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I emailed Woolich, I am going to try running the Mapshare map on the Low power mode and have the Factory full and medium power map.
Woolich has so much detail.
I have a 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R ABS KRT Edition which is my 1st Kawasaki. Also have the 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1M I got brand new and which also has Woolich and I have a 2001 Honda VTR1000 SP1 which I love.
I keep thinking I should probably do this since i never use any power mode but full. It would be nice to have my full power mode stock and my low mode my custom map. Have not actually bothered to figure put how to do that yet though

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did it and it works. Just have to open 2 sessions of Woolich. One with the Factory maps and then the Mapshare map on the other session.
Then it is just a matter of copy and paste from the Mapshare map to the corresponding Low power map.
Put the maps in 3D view to double check. Have the maps in number view on the same map, click on the Mapshare page and CTRL+A (select all) CTRL+C (copy) then click on the low power map in the other session and click on the map and CTRL+A (select all) and CTRL+V (paste). The factory maps have fuelling for each cylinder and gear where the Mapshare ones usually unify fuel groups and cylinders. You can't have both so you just have to copy and paste the Mapshare map into each cylinder giving you the same result as unifying them. I just kept looking at the 3D map to make sure each copy and paste worked to double check before I moved onto the next one.
It sounds technical but is pretty straightforward as long as you do the correct parts of the maps.
Fuel maps both TPS and IAP just remember to do each individual cylinder and gear on the Factory low power map where it has that option and in other maps the ETV or electronic throttle valve. You can only have 1 ignition map.

I could post it to the Mapshare page on Woolich if you want.

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I did it and it works. Just have to open 2 sessions of Woolich. One with the Factory maps and then the Mapshare map on the other session.
Then it is just a matter of copy and paste from the Mapshare map to the corresponding Low power map.
Put the maps in 3D view to double check. Have the maps in number view on the same map, click on the Mapshare page and CTRL+A (select all) CTRL+C (copy) then click on the low power map in the other session and click on the map and CTRL+A (select all) and CTRL+V (paste). The factory maps have fuelling for each cylinder and gear where the Mapshare ones usually unify fuel groups and cylinders. You can't have both so you just have to copy and paste the Mapshare map into each cylinder giving you the same result as unifying them. I just kept looking at the 3D map to make sure each copy and paste worked to double check before I moved onto the next one.
It sounds technical but is pretty straightforward as long as you do the correct parts of the maps.
Fuel maps both TPS and IAP just remember to do each individual cylinder and gear on the Factory low power map where it has that option and in other maps the ETV or electronic throttle valve. You can only have 1 ignition map.

I could post it to the Mapshare page on Woolich if you want.

Cheers

Ash
that might be cool, i have since managed to redo all the maps but never was sure if map share would share all at the same time. Have low power as full power, then the other 2 are tuned for different fuel and feel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts