Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of how the fuel line is suppose to be routed?

I installed my pcv and no matter which way I place the connectors the fuel line doesn't route right and kinks.

Left it like so and when I throttle hard enough and let off the bike dies.

Pcv is updated with the 1.9 firmware and i'm running the full yoshi map.

Only thing done to the bike is...
Full yoshi.
Graves block off plates with pump still in place.
Servo elimimator.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
your bike dies not because of the kink. it dies because of the map that you have.
the fuel line does look like a poor design, as it always wants to kink on the bend closest to the tank

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your bike dies not because of the kink. it dies because of the map that you have.
the fuel line does look like a poor design, as it always wants to kink on the bend closest to the tank
It's got a kink near the fuel rail too which looks like line is suppose to follow along the frame after it comes out of the fuel rail.

So is there a different map I should run or is this considered normal?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i wouldnt worry about the kink if you can ride the bike at 12-13k RPM for a few seconds. ive had 4 zx10's and, if i remember, all of them have the same line routing and suggested kinks.

my current zx10 - 06 10R - also dies when you pull in the clutch form high RPM. i also have a PCIII, but havent messed with it yet, as this is how i bought it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Anyone have a picture of how the fuel line is suppose to be routed?

I installed my pcv and no matter which way I place the connectors the fuel line doesn't route right and kinks.

Left it like so and when I throttle hard enough and let off the bike dies.

Pcv is updated with the 1.9 firmware and i'm running the full yoshi map.

Only thing done to the bike is...
Full yoshi.
Graves block off plates with pump still in place.
Servo elimimator.

can you post any pics I can compare my 2010 too?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wouldnt worry about the kink if you can ride the bike at 12-13k RPM for a few seconds. ive had 4 zx10's and, if i remember, all of them have the same line routing and suggested kinks.

my current zx10 - 06 10R - also dies when you pull in the clutch form high RPM. i also have a PCIII, but havent messed with it yet, as this is how i bought it.
You make it sound so normal to have driveability issues after the PC install. :confused:

I can actually run to the end of the gear, clutch it and stay running but if I clutch it first and rev it that's when it happens mostly or more consistently.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You make it sound so normal to have driveability issues after the PC install. :confused:

I can actually run to the end of the gear, clutch it and stay running but if I clutch it first and rev it that's when it happens mostly or more consistently.

sorry, what im trying to make sound normal is the kink. i dont have much experience with the PC, but it is NOT normal for the bike to stall like that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From my understanding of how this works if the line is kinked and under that much demand of fuel the pump is forcing it through but on decel or throttle off the pump is almost just idle and with the kink it starves the motor.

Well that's how I explained it to myself in my head. :D

Might just tear this all down and try to route this again or buy s new line if the kink is set in.

Will try to re-do my pcv tomorrow prior to all the above though to make sure.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In that case my theory is shot.

I'm gonna try and re do the firmware update and the map tomorrow.

Don't have a laptop with me so hopefully the misses doesn't flip shit when she sees the bike inside.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the way I installed the graves blockoffs. I saw there was cutouts on the underside if the plates but installed them so that the cutouts where on the outer openings.

Only things I can think of that has changed is the plates, pcv and the kink of the fuel line.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Took the tank completely off and even with no tension on the line it still kinks. I'm guessing the kink is now set in.

That's pretty ugly. Without replacing the line itself, I'd see if a hose clamp around that area might be able to add some support to keep it round. That might be enough to allow the kink to come out after awhile or at least support the line from kinking in that area. Would be quick, easy, and cheap to try.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
oh wow.. that is a kink lol
mine was more like an exhaust pipe that hasnt been mandrel bent. kinda like squished at the 90 degree bend. yours really looks kinked

·
Registered
559 Posts
Remove that kinked line and dip that end in some lightly boiling water, that should get the kink out. Ford uses that type of fuel hose and when installing new ends you push hose onto barb and dip it in boiling water.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put it all back together already.

Will try the boiling, don't know why I didn't think about that. I boil hoses when setting up reef tanks and when I deal with pcv. I've done these fuel lines before but we had a press kit that crimped the ends.

Anyone know where I can get one online in a reasonable time/cost? Gonna order one just incase I damage this one while trying to fix it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm.... I just noticed something while looking for this fuel line.

My fuel line that goes to the injectors is on the opposite side and the 90deg elbow fitting for the fuel tank line is backwards.

picture borrowed from ebay.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The more I look at the ebay listings the more inconsistent it looks.

Every throttle body set up on ebay seems to be from an 08 but the variation is pretty extreme.

Some have rubber hosing surrounding the plastic line, some have a braided nylon shielding, some are foam wrapped. Some of the fuel tank line are on the left of the fuel rail while others are on the right.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts