Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out where the problem lies on my project bike for some reason the fuel injectors are not spraying. There is good fuel pressure to the injectors from the pump. bike cranks and has spark. What signals the injectors to spray. and what would cause them to stop working. the bike started and ran 2 weeks ago before switching everything to a new frame.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Try the basics like making sure all the injectors are firmly plugged in (electrically) and that your pick up sensor (crank) is connected (this tells it when to spark as well as when to inject). Go over all the connections to the throttle body area etc, as there are quite a few and they are easy to miss. Have you got the stock dash up and running? It can throw a code if it realises something isn't working correctly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
you may need the dash for them to work, not sure though. If they work the same as a autos injection system does then they are contoled by the PCM. they should have constant power with the key in the on position and the computer grounds the individual injector it wants to fire. as stated before it uses the crank sensor to tell when to fire the injectors, as well as the cam sensor (if there is one on the bike, as i said this is how a cars works) start by checking power at each one, then ground when cranking, if no power check fuses, if no ground back probe the computer, if the computer itself is not sending out a ground you problay have somthing unhooded. double check all conections. if you have power and ground check fuel pressure.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i thought the bike needs the dash to start. i remember i tried to start my bike with out the dash and it wouldn't start. (dont remember if it was turning over)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i thought the bike needs the dash to start. i remember i tried to start my bike with out the dash and it wouldn't start. (dont remember if it was turning over)
I wish members that ask for help would at least state their year of bike and mods.....or maybe they think a 1st Gen to a 3rd Gen is the Same Bike :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved to "Performance and Tech"

bloo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fall Over Sensor.

Hi Mate
Have you checked the Fall-Over sensor is the right way up and connected.
It cuts the fuel supply if the bike falls over.
My mate once put his on the bike upside down and the feckker wouldn't start, had him puzzled for weeks and expensive, as he bought near enough a complete fuel system including injectors before the penny dropped.
Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sensor is on the correct way. I am pretty sure the ecu is the problem. I check that the ground was good to the ecu and I had a good connection between the ecu and the injectors. in injectors were were getting a positive battery signal but no ground from the ecu. So i bought a new ecu today

·
Registered
2004 ZX-10R
762 Posts
You do need a dash to read the error report from the ECU. If you want to see in a dark room you turn on the lights.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sounds like something stupid, maybe check the connection on the kill switch and make sure it's in the "run" position.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THE FUEL PUMP turns ON, There is spark, THE MOTOR CRANKS, MOTOR STARTS if fuel is manually poured into the throttle bodies

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
this may be a dumb question but the bike doesnt have a powercommander on it does it? If so did you try to remove it? all injector wiring will go through it so if its bad it may not run. The ecu may also need to see a certain rpm to start firing the injectors(not sure it would probably make more sense to hold the spark event for ease of cranking, but then again maybe not having raw fuel pouring down the cylinders isnt a bad idea either) and if the battery is weak or the cam sensor isnt working for some reason(somebody put the intake and exhaust cams in wrong, anything) just throwing some ideas out there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
You do need a dash to read the error report from the ECU. If you want to see in a dark room you turn on the lights.
Big negative on that one. I check codes all the time without the dash. You just need to know what wires the ecu controls, and put an LED in the right spot, then ground the wire specified in the manual.

And backing up what Bloo said, you don't need the dash to run the motor.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ecu will be here next week so i will find out for sure then but all the sensors are good and have been checked. power commander has already been removed from the harness by the way thanks for all the help i will keep everyone informed once i have the ecu and if the bike runs then

1 - 20 of 66 Posts