Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the mechanics at the dealership don't want to volunteer information (or can't do so without the computer), I'm wondering what causes the FI light to come on and stay on. I dropped the bike off at the dealership. They had no explanation, saying they needed to diagnose it with the computer.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
more info. needed...what work was being done at the dealership?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The vehicle down sensor is activated. You need to plug it to a pc with
Kawaski Diagnose Sysstem and reset it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
you can check it yourself without the stealships help.
im sure theres a thread or two on here.

i played around with the dash to find mine

·
Registered
94 Posts
unplugging electrical stuff will shoot it off,,, ie, ebpv motor, secondary flies

just picked up my bike after a full service - oil, filter, air filter etc, as well as a tooth down on the front sprocket, installing crash bungs and switching the gear shift to 1 up 5 down

FI light is now on permanently, I'm not bothered unless its actually something to worry about?

Bike rides very well, engine smoother than ever, great pick up with lowered gearing

Do I need to worry guys?
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
just picked up my bike after a full service - oil, filter, air filter etc, as well as a tooth down on the front sprocket, installing crash bungs and switching the gear shift to 1 up 5 down

FI light is now on permanently, I'm not bothered unless its actually something to worry about?

Bike rides very well, engine smoother than ever, great pick up with lowered gearing

Do I need to worry guys?
it shouldnt be on :headshake

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Forgot to mention the speedo doesnt work either?
Where there in most likely lies the problem. The stealership removed the front sprocket cover to change the sprocket -1, where the speedo sensor is and either didn't get it connected back up right or broke something in the connection.

The FI light is on because the speedo ain't working. Happens all the time on cars. My work truck speedo stopped working and PRESTO on came the Check Engine light, then later went back off after the speedo started working again.

Check everything around the front sprocket cover that has to do with the speedo sensor, connections.

JJ

·
Registered
94 Posts
take it right back and get it sorted. If mechanics give u the run around demand to see the manager.

Thanks for advice guys - took it back and they found they had dislodged a speedo wire at the engine end of things - reconnected it and all good now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts