Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

As I bought my bike second hand I have decided to give her service, which I always do as I feel it give you a true insight of how the bike has been treated in the past. I'm doing an Oil filter and oil change, coolant flush and change, Brake fluid change. Is there anything else I should be looking for (The bike has done 24k kms).

I can't see anything about the fuel filter replacement times, when should this be replaced? Has anyone used any of the Fuel System Cleaners? Would you recommend this as well?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey All,

As I bought my bike second hand I have decided to give her service, which I always do as I feel it give you a true insight of how the bike has been treated in the past. I'm doing an Oil filter and oil change, coolant flush and change, Brake fluid change. Is there anything else I should be looking for (The bike has done 24k kms).

I can't see anything about the fuel filter replacement times, when should this be replaced? Has anyone used any of the Fuel System Cleaners? Would you recommend this as well?

Thanks
Mark
Pretty sure the recommendation for replacing the fuel filter is when you replace the fuel pump, in other words don't worry about it, and when your fuel pump dies, just purchase a new one (which comes with a new fuel filter). Maybe around 60 to 70k miles.

Now, since you purchased your bike second hand, just inspect the fuel tank for rust and sediment with a flash light. If the tank looks bad, then maybe consider removing the fuel pump and inspecting the filter. Beyond that, don't worry about it and enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey All,

Thanks
Mark
Pretty sure the recommendation for replacing the fuel filter is when you replace the fuel pump, in other words don't worry about it, and when your fuel pump dies, just purchase a new one (which comes with a new fuel filter). Maybe around 60 to 70k miles.

Now, since you purchased your bike second hand, just inspect the fuel tank for rust and sediment with a flash light. If the tank looks bad, then maybe consider removing the fuel pump and inspecting the filter. Beyond that, don't worry about it and enjoy your bike.
Perfect!! sounds good to me ? Ill have a good check but so far found nothing too scary ?

Thanksc

·
Registered
642 Posts
Is there anything else I should be looking for (The bike has done 24k kms).
Valve adjustment
Spark plugs
Air Filter
New fork oil

I'd also consider getting the rear shock serviced soon as well.

Personally I always put 1oz seafoam per gallon of gas in my bikes year round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts