Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experiences? Whats different, which might be better? i ordered the FTecu just beacuse i read that woolich cant deactivate Fi light when you do the cat delete mod with an aftermarket slipon but any info or maybe a map share would be great. I will be running a Gen 5 ZX10RR for racing. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Any experiences? Whats different, which might be better? i ordered the FTecu just beacuse i read that woolich cant deactivate Fi light when you do the cat delete mod with an aftermarket slipon but any info or maybe a map share would be great. I will be running a Gen 5 ZX10RR for racing. Thanks.
I'm using the Ftecu software as well on my 19 zx10. I haven't install a pipe yet but I'm able to fix some of the stock mapping issues as well as derestrict the power. Easy to use, priced well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
I also went FT ECU with an Autotune. Was able to disable the Exhaust valve, O2 sensors, Steering damper and charcoal canister warning lights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i read that woolich cant deactivate Fi light when you do the cat delete mod with an aftermarket slipon
This is not true. Woolich can delete all the warning lights as well as FTECU plus it provides some functionality that FTECU does not. You must have seen some really old info. Go to the Woolich site for the latest. If you have questions, ZX10Archer responds here occasionally or you can contact him through Woolich site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woolich worked great for me, literally just did it this weekend, disabled all engine codes from removing the typical array of servo/intake flap/emission etc.

Have the autotune/logbox and will be going that route. Software was nicely laid out and seems relatively easy to use.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have woolich on my gen 4 and I'm a happy customer and would recommend it. Woolich has their own race tools option which includes the quick shifter which ftecu doesn't look like they have. Their autotune is pretty fool proof too an overall software is pretty easy to use.

Quick shifter alone would make me go woolich for the gen 4 and I believe their sensor is better than the stock stuff on the gen 5.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i have woolich on both our gen4 zx10r's, no codes, cat, and servos removed. not sure where your info came from that says you cant eliminate the codes with Woolich stuff. works well, VERY HAPPY WITH MY FLASH CHOICE, AND DYNO TUNER. HOFFER PERFORMANCE BRANT, MICHIGAN. Ski

·
Registered
190 Posts
For me the Ftecu is really easy to use. Plus Graves provides maps that are developed to their exhaust and rearsets which makes this simple. Just flash and ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was using Ftecu and its very easy, simple and works great, anyway my tunner use woolich and im migrating now to that system, just installed now and i can see some advantageas on both systems, woolich isnt as simple and they dont provide a "unrestricted" file which gives you a great option and a good idea to which direction to go and ft do have that, i feel like woolich has a few more options like the race dash or quickshifter kill times etc. (race tools package with extra cost) So as far as now i have used Ft and just will start using woolich i think both are great options.

·
Registered
190 Posts
All of the top racers in Moto America use the FTECU software in their Zx10 in the Stock1000 class. There must be a reason why.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, the same reason Woolich is used to that same exact extent in Australian Superbike for all their classes top to bottom. Or heavily preferred in British Superbike for all stock based racing.

Last time i checked, it was Woolich chosen by the FIM to be their ECU software technical partner for stock based racing classes in World SSP300, World SSP and STK1000 (alas before STK1000 went away).
If the reason is the same as you state, what is the reason?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I tune in a Island, and woolich
1- easy to use, if you know the basics and its more intuitive than FT...
2- customer service is top, they answer your emails, fast...
3- I have flashed lots of zx10r, with great results.... gen4 and 5, NEVER a issue, never.
4- The log box and "autotune" is profesional grade, its meant for profesionals, sample rate is TOP.

Yeah, the same reason Woolich is used to that same exact extent in Australian Superbike for all their classes top to bottom. Or heavily preferred in British Superbike for all stock based racing.

Last time i checked, it was Woolich chosen by the FIM to be their ECU software technical partner for stock based racing classes in World SSP300, World SSP and STK1000 (alas before STK1000 went away).

·
Registered
190 Posts
American company - American series.

Also doesn't help with how biased MA tech director James Morse is and all the snide comments he has made in the past to others overheard or made directly to the New Zealanders who were racing MA (and no longer are...Hrm...) Lets not forget how buddy buddy he is with Chris Gardell and Chuck Graves.

Another point of contention is how another small one man, American company out on the east coast, who has no history/experience in this field and just pops up one night easily gets his hardware/software on the MA list in a matter of days despite not having that hardware/software certified for use by the FIM or on the approved parts list. But yet, James continues to refuse to respond to Woolich's calls and emails over the past year and a half to get the WRT software on the approved junior cup software list? Because if it is good enough for the sanctioning body of MotoAmerica (the FIM) in WorldSSP300 it's apparently not good enough for MotoAmerica? Even though it was ran on multiple bikes in the 2018 season in junior cup with no complaint and those bikes went well... Oh, I take that back, they did get one response from James... but it wasn't until months after the fact already half-way through the season - which what team is going to switch something with that large of an impact mid-season? He is now even ignoring teams pleading with him to add it as I found out at Laguna Seca last week.

Let's also look past the potential conflict of interests where the founder of (Graves owned) FTECU was dating a woman on the MotoAmerica board of directors for a while (or possibly still is?).

Another interesting point is how bikes that have ran WRT in the past, and thus not had FTECU team members in their pit making changes for them, went just as well and in a few cases besting those bikes with FTECU. Pretty bad when you have a couple of MA teams contact you during the off season to switch software because they are having changes made for them and in a lot of cases don't know what is being changed and to what effect and feel that they are being handicapped.

At this point Woolich wants absolutely nothing to do with MotoAmerica and has no intention of doing so. They're obviously still in business and adding more and more bikes and features to models out there than the competition so their lack of wanting to participate in that corrupt series isn't hurting them in the least and not slowing them down at all - especially with the stuff in the oven cooking right now.

Rant aside, I'm glad you're happy with Graves' products and the Graves owned FTECU software - ultimately it is your bike, and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. If you want to sing to the hills about how great it is and suggest it to others? Great! But saying because race team X uses it in race series Y it the equivalent of saying a race team is doing well because they are using Beta tools over Craftsman to do repairs, maintenance and set up changes.
Wow !

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Looks like something got quoted before it got deleted lol. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher
American company - American series.

Also doesn't help with how biased MA tech director James Morse is and all the snide comments he has made in the past to others overheard or made directly to the New Zealanders who were racing MA (and no longer are...Hrm...) Lets not forget how buddy buddy he is with Chris Gardell and Chuck Graves.

Another point of contention is how another small one man, American company out on the east coast, who has no history/experience in this field and just pops up one night easily gets his hardware/software on the MA list in a matter of days despite not having that hardware/software certified for use by the FIM or on the approved parts list. But yet, James continues to refuse to respond to Woolich's calls and emails over the past year and a half to get the WRT software on the approved junior cup software list? Because if it is good enough for the sanctioning body of MotoAmerica (the FIM) in WorldSSP300 it's apparently not good enough for MotoAmerica? Even though it was ran on multiple bikes in the 2018 season in junior cup with no complaint and those bikes went well... Oh, I take that back, they did get one response from James... but it wasn't until months after the fact already half-way through the season - which what team is going to switch something with that large of an impact mid-season? He is now even ignoring teams pleading with him to add it as I found out at Laguna Seca last week.

Let's also look past the potential conflict of interests where the founder of (Graves owned) FTECU was dating a woman on the MotoAmerica board of directors for a while (or possibly still is?).

Another interesting point is how bikes that have ran WRT in the past, and thus not had FTECU team members in their pit making changes for them, went just as well and in a few cases besting those bikes with FTECU. Pretty bad when you have a couple of MA teams contact you during the off season to switch software because they are having changes made for them and in a lot of cases don't know what is being changed and to what effect and feel that they are being handicapped.

At this point Woolich wants absolutely nothing to do with MotoAmerica and has no intention of doing so. They're obviously still in business and adding more and more bikes and features to models out there than the competition so their lack of wanting to participate in that corrupt series isn't hurting them in the least and not slowing them down at all - especially with the stuff in the oven cooking right now.

Rant aside, I'm glad you're happy with Graves' products and the Graves owned FTECU software - ultimately it is your bike, and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. If you want to sing to the hills about how great it is and suggest it to others? Great! But saying because race team X uses it in race series Y it the equivalent of saying a race team is doing well because they are using Beta tools over Craftsman to do repairs, maintenance and set up changes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm at the AFM races this weekend. Lots of Zx10 racers here. From what the racers and crew members tell me I'd say that the FTECU software is the product to have.
I also think archer is correct. They almost all are using Graves supplied mapping and Graves pipes.
Valentin Debise just set pole position on a Graves Spec Kawasaki ZX10.

·
Registered
350 Posts
For me the Ftecu is really easy to use. Plus Graves provides maps that are developed to their exhaust and rearsets which makes this simple. Just flash and ride.

just curios how you think rear sets matter at all in a ecu flash? Slip ons barley matter anymore unless you have done something on the intake side or a cat delete, so if just a pipe a flash is not needed. Once you do ditch the cat or do block offs or change air filter etc then it starts to matter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just curios how you think rear sets matter at all in a ecu flash? Slip ons barley matter anymore unless you have done something on the intake side or a cat delete, so if just a pipe a flash is not needed. Once you do ditch the cat or do block offs or change air filter etc then it starts to matter.
That's a silly question, of course the rearsets don't affect the flash. Anyway just loving the 2019.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Think Woolich may be used possibly more in UK most the bikes for sale have Woolich flashes if any just brought V3 log box and wideband kit
Has a lot of features listed below for you to compare :)
Features available for Kawasaki ZX10R 2016-2018
IAP Fuel Maps
TPS Fuel Maps
Ignition Timing Maps
Ignition Dwell Map/s
Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
Fuel Trim Map/s
Intake Flap Opening Maps
Exhaust Valve Opening Maps
Adjust Idle RPM
Adjust RPM Limiter
Adjust Fan Temperature
Quickshifter Ignition Cut Time
Quickshifter - (Requires Race Tools)
Autoblipper - (Requires Race Tools)
Launch Control - (Requires Race Tools)
Pit Lane Limiter - (Requires Race Tools)
Engine Warm Up - (Requires Race Tools)
Race Shift Pattern Sensor Configuration - (Requires Race Tools)
Race Shift Pattern Sensor Configuration
Autoblipper (Enable With Factory Sensor) - No Additional Cost
Disable Evap / Purge Valve
Disable Stock O2 Sensor
Disable Deceleration Fuel Cut
Disable Exhaust Valve
Disable Intake Flap
Disable PAIR Valve / AIS
Disable Top Speed Limiter
Disable Acceleration Fuel Compensation
Engine Braking Control Maps
Enable Race Dash
Tire Circumference
Engine Data - View Live Engine Data
Woolich Racing AutoTune - (Requires Applicable LogBox + Zeitronix Package)
Diagnostics: Read and Clear Fault Codes - (Requires Applicable V3 Interface)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts