Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#
What ask them if there's a way to override there own gear :crackup:
Lanister: they're not open on weekends haha. Gotta leave the bike with the tuner tonight and don't want to leave him empty handed.
Michael4012: They do mention overriding on their site briefly, saying it can be done, but don't offer like any deatails.

From what I've gathered... I can get a new activation code for $100 and lose the $450 autoblip feature the prev. owner installed... or I can get the account info from the previous owner and not have to do anything. I messaged the previous owner for the account info... said he'll get back to me soon. Can anyone secondarily confirm this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah.. and I get yelled at for calling him out.. apparantly I dont get what hes trying to do here...

If you read his other posts and weird conspiracies posts.. you'll be even more confused.
He almost seems like one of those auto-generated China bots..

“You likey the Gen 5 ZX10R?? Buy twist of the wrist - read 10,000 bazillion time... and call 1-800 Gay Boys for extended warranty if you are real biker boy!!”

I guess the world may never know who the real scout is.

·
Registered
718 Posts
He almost seems like one of those auto-generated China bots..

“You likey the Gen 5 ZX10R?? Buy twist of the wrist - read 10,000 bazillion time... and call 1-800 Gay Boys for extended warranty if you are real biker boy!!”

I guess the world may never know who the real scout is.
He tells people that ecu flashes dont do anything. Doesnt change his oil etc. Gives bad advice often and constantly promotes this one place to buy a warranty from.. despite the fact that you can walk into any dealer and get one, even if it's not a kawi dealer. And everyone says hes just misunderstood.

·
Registered
146 Posts
He tells people that ecu flashes dont do anything. Doesnt change his oil etc. Gives bad advice often and constantly promotes this one place to buy a warranty from.. despite the fact that you can walk into any dealer and get one, even if it's not a kawi dealer. And everyone says hes just misunderstood.
My opinion is he is either a site admin/mod or long time member (under a different alias) and has been a source of "laughs" for those members who know who he really is. Hence why he is protected.

Or he is/was a very good rider, and had a bad accident leaving him in a handicapped state, but still has passion for all of us that enjoy this sport.

That said, I'll just leave it at that. He does have good advice sometimes, but for those that don't know when that is, it can be problematic.

Oh forgot to mention, I think he is a shared account across multiple members.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laughs. I did end up having to get with the previous owner and get his account information. Thankfully he was kind enough to share his log-in info. FT was able to confirm that you can override the ecu alone for a $100 license but that will clear all maps and accessories. Stupid right? If you've got $1000 worth of accessories (auto-blip & autotune) and they will NOT carryover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, otherwise it's just an installed harness and you're starting over from scratch. If you have an FTECU account it's easy to transfer licenses... also the USB 4 pin and 6 pin cable are licensed to the original installers email, but the new tuner would use his own cable so that's no issue, but otherwise that needs to be transferred also in addition to the ECU license.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Locking the tune files to a license is how ftecu saves their dealers from having all their files stolen, which happened prior to the implementation of the license program. License fees help ftecu generate revenue to continue r&d on new bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts