Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling a brand new (never mounted) Bridgestone BT-003 Pro Type 4 190/55-17 DOT Race tire. This is Bridgestone's newest DOT Race tire and it replaces the BT-002 Pro.

Asking $175 shipped. Retail price is quite a bit higher than that (around 240 or so with shipping)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price dropped to $175 shipped

·
Registered
128 Posts
read some article on these tires.
they are suppose to be more for street use then they are for track.
but that's what i do most, so i wanted them. aren't even out in my parts catalog.

they JUST came out.

free bump, good price

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
read some article on these tires.
they are suppose to be more for street use then they are for track.
but that's what i do most, so i wanted them. aren't even out in my parts catalog.

they JUST came out.

free bump, good price
Actually this one is the DOT Race version (Pro). The RS is the street/track version.
The BT-003 Pro is street legal though.

Thanks for the bump though! Rep sent

·
Registered
615 Posts
If i didn't have family working for B-Stone I would say that this is a killer deal man:thumbsup:

I am suprised no one has jumped on this with as many track junkies we got here:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If i didn't have family working for B-Stone I would say that this is a killer deal man:thumbsup:

I am suprised no one has jumped on this with as many track junkies we got here:dontknow:
Honestly I'm surprised too :dontknow:. Cheapest i have found is in the neighborhood of $230 shipped

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Compound? type 4?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually this one is the DOT Race version (Pro). The RS is the street/track version.
The BT-003 Pro is street legal though.

Thanks for the bump though! Rep sent
so they made a race version?
hmm, so is it just a street version and a race version?

pretty cool

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so they made a race version?
hmm, so is it just a street version and a race version?

pretty cool
If i understand correctly the RS is for street use and a few trackdays

The Pro is a DOT Race tire so it is street legal, but it is meant for the track

·
Registered
615 Posts
If i understand correctly the RS is for street use and a few trackdays

The Pro is a DOT Race tire so it is street legal, but it is meant for the track
The RS's would kinda be like their step up from the 016's. And the Pro's are their extreem racing tire that just happens to be DOT legal because that is what some racing classes require. My brother showed me the rough product release/proposal for the PRO's and this tire was especially designed to take aim the Pirelli market share of these kinds of tires(the name of the Pirelli escapes me at the moment.) I haven't had the chance to use them yet...but my brother tells me that he keeps a set warm under his desk for me:spit::lol:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The RS's would kinda be like their step up from the 016's. And the Pro's are their extreem racing tire that just happens to be DOT legal because that is what some racing classes require. My brother showed me the rough product release/proposal for the PRO's and this tire was especially designed to take aim the Pirelli market share of these kinds of tires(the name of the Pirelli escapes me at the moment.) I haven't had the chance to use them yet...but my brother tells me that he keeps a set warm under his desk for me:spit::lol:
They are awesome tires. Tons and tons of grip. You'll love them when you get to try them

·
Registered
615 Posts
They are awesome tires. Tons and tons of grip. You'll love them when you get to try them
Good to hear...am goig to get back into some track days pretty soon...I'd like to run WERA someday also...but i need to lose some weight...:lol:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts