Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 left
I decided to do the rear reservoir delete just to clean up the look and save a little weight. I have enough material left to make 10 more. What it consist of is approx. 2.5" of tygon 2375 chemical resistant tubing so it won't deteriorate or discolor, two hose clamps which where green I painted black which scratched as soon as I used the pliers, and includes cap which is a cut of nylon bolt head which was white that I painted black. The tubing is 5/16 i.d. and is a tight fit on nipple but it will go on. Hers some pics of what you get and on the bike. And yes I know I don't have the bottom clamp on because I wasn't thinking and forgot it. $12 shipped 5 left paypal addy is [email protected]

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Looks good man!!!! but you forgot to put the bottom hose clamp on!!:heyyou:....i might snag one of these from you just to save me the trip and time to the store.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Hardest part was finding the hose hardware doesn't carry it so I had to order it online.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Bump for a good guy

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I will take one, if you still have one PM me and I will send paypal.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Nevermind, think I figured it out and I'm guessing it's just a 1st gen thing.
Nope, should work on just about any bike, any year...

is it to eliminate the fuel reserve?
LOL. no man, this is to eliminate the rear brake master cylinder fluid reservoir. You really only need the fluid in the line and just a tiny bit more outside of the master cylinder, so this eliminates the whole reservoir. I need to do this in order to use the full adjustment range on my rear sets, I can't lower them at all as the tubing is too short, so this is the perfect solution.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Just a tip for people who are doing this.

You fill up the tube, but not all the way up, you need some air in there, because the fluid is going to expand when hot and needs space to do so.
If there is no air it will push the brake piston in and start dragging your rear brake.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a tip for people who are doing this.

You fill up the tube, but not all the way up, you need some air in there, because the fluid is going to expand when hot and needs space to do so.
If there is no air it will push the brake piston in and start dragging your rear brake.
:+1: thanks rafa. Fill to 1/2-3/4 mark.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts