Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 ZX-10 that has an uneven front tire wear. It has pilot powers f/r,and up until now has had no such issue. It kind of looks like it's feathering about 1 inch either side of the center of the tire. Bike has 11k miles. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Crikey took a post on the net to check your tyres pressures. Should make it a habit of checking before every ride. Those rubbers are the only contact you have between you and the tarmac. Best make it a good one.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
this is also indicitive of a loose steering head...

under inflation is the quick and easy to check fix... but if it continues it most likely is the steering head bearings or that the nut on the bottom/top of the tripple has worked a bit loose... something to look at if the tire pressure is proper and the problem persists

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
since we're on this topic, what is a good tire pressure? i've been riding 30 f/r, but at first i was riding 32f 34r. what does everyone else ride?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Depends on the conditions , on the street the rear tire will remain more of a constant when it is up to temp, the front tire cools very quickly if you have more straights than corners.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
manufacture suggested pressure... taken when cold, they know the pressure will go up as they warm up..

34 f, 36 r... feels rock steady and hooked up, on my TL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts