Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got me a front stand again and its made pretty good In my eyes but I put it together today and tonight I got home and with the bike on the rear stand I put it under the front put the pin in the hole and started to push it down and as soon as I did this it made contact with the undersdide of the front end right under the lights. made one cracking sound nothings broke thank god but now im kinda pissed ... so i move it around and tried different things and still same thing keeps hitting the fairing im wondering if I took the bike off the rear stand it would not hit??? but Im not gonna try to attempt that by my self LOL dont want to drop the bike ..I got the stand from this place here http://www.mjmotogear.com/product.sc?productId=5&categoryId=3
does anyone elses stand do this ?? I dont want to break anything under there trying to lift it...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I don't know man!.my front pitbull stand comes very close to the underside of the headlight assembly but it does not contact it!........sure they sold you the right pin?
Hate to say it,......but might have to get a welder to weld on an extension to the pin to give ya just a lil bit more clearance!.???

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I just read on their website that the stand MAY contact the body of the nose fairings on some bikes!.........I would do a check on all your mounting tabs and stuff to see if it broke anything.........then weld a extension on or slip a washer over the pin to act as a stop so it does not slide all the way in,.......giving you a hair more clearance......but not to much or it will be hanging in the air on a small amount of the pin...........???
Sucks.......they should have put more time into developing a product that does not interfere with your bodywork!........

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I sent them a email, they say the pin size I need is a 27mm and they are out of those so I got a 24mm with it I will wait to see what they respond with before i go messing with it LOL I looked at the front end and nothing looks broke and everything is still tight so no worries ...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't know man!.my front pitbull stand comes very close to the underside of the headlight assembly but it does not contact it.
+1 Pit Bull Stands are the way to go.

My bike sitting at the track.

(oh and the tassels..passed tech inspection, but I took them off)

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
GL with getting the right pin. My pitbull also gets close but doesn't actually touch any of the body. Sounds like the 27mm pin will solve your issues. Great prices on the stands you found!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Back when I bought my 07 in July 07 I already had a FRONT Pit Bull stand from my early 93 ZX7/9 days. I called Pit Bull and they sent me a pin for the 07. But it wouldn't work. The bar still hit underneath the nose on the 07. We went back and forth on this with phone calls and PM's for 3 days and Pit Bull keep telling me I was doing something wrong that it was not possible it could hit, that I had the right pin and it should work.

So I made a picture of it hitting and emailed it to them.

They called me a few hours later on my phone laughing out loud and asked me when I bought my stand. I told them about 15 years ago. They said that was the problem. They had not sold that model front stand in nearly 10 years. He said it never occurred to him someone still had the older model stand in use.

So they sent me a brand new front stand and even paid for the shipping. It worked fine with my 07.

I later bought a pin for that new stand for my 08. And like everyone else, it is close, but does NOT hit.

Very satisfied with Pit Bull. :thumbsup:
Damn, cool story. They must have been impressed that you still had a 15 year old stand. Just shows you their quality.

·
Registered
641 Posts
yeesh, all this crap has me thinking about a "fork lift" stand again. Sorry about the cracking Lloyd.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^ well I have to say this guy who I got it from on ebay has a company cant remember the name of it but I have to say he has some great customer service, and was willing to help me out he sent me Free of charge the front fork pads and hardware to use untill the right size pin came in, so I got all that and it worked then about 2 weeks later the pin showed up again all free in the mail so the other day I finally tried it out and sure enough it still hits the lower part of the upper so I got some washers and put over the pin to see if that would work and nope it still hits, so needles to say its back sitting on the fork pads and I wont be using the pin... unless someones got some other ideas?? and no i dont have money to buy a damn pit bull stand LOL I got this all for like $40 or $50 shipped to me.... at any rate its off the ground ..

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
good find on those stands...makes me feel dumb sometimes cuz of i dropped a crap load of $ on my pit bull stands....but i think if you get that different adapter youll be fine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts