Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have taken the front sprocket nut off, you know that the washer behind it has to be flattened out before-hand. After installing a new front sprocket and tightening the sprocket nut, how do you bend the washer around the sprocket nut? I would think this is crucial since there is not a cotter pin or any other "locking device" to hold the front sprocket nut on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I took a chisel and used the top as kind of a hook to bend it. As you hit the chisel, pull the washer out and down. There may be an easier way, but this worked for me.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I used some water pump pliers to bend it a little bit then used a hammer and punch to finish the job.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Its a bit tedious for sure but improvising with whatever tool/s you have handy is best and only one side of the washer need be bent over the nut.

BD

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You can use a long screwdriver to pry the washer up initially , slide it in along the chain from the swingarm end and tweak the washer enough to get a good pair of channel locks on.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
all you guys are nuts.....the front sprocket will never get loose it will get so tight after time you will start a NEW thread 'why cant I get my Front Sprocket OFF' :badteeth:

just bend one end and no need to over due it as it won't be apart of any take off or failure :headshake: but your piece of mind. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts