Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay So I changed out the front sprocket to 16T . It did not have the rubber on both sides like my stock one did. Well now my bike pulls to the right when I wheelie ONLY. Bike does not pull to right when i coast with no hands on bars...I can get some level ones every now and then . I tightened the chain both sides are directly on the third line . Does this spacer not being there have any bearing on my problem . Was I supposed to peel off that rubber piece and put it on my new sprocket ? Please help ASAP please ! ! !

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay So I changed out the front sprocket to 16T . It did not have the rubber on both sides like my stock one did. Well now my bike pulls to the right when I wheelie ALOT. I can get some level ones every now and then . I tightened the chain both sides are directly on the third line . Does this spacer not being there have any bearing on my problem . Was I supposed to peel off that rubber piece and put it on my new sprocket ? Please help ASAP please ! ! !
Puy axle nut on with air impact gun . just let her have it . would over tightening it cause this . What are torque specs on the rear axle . i know the c/s sprocket can only be tightened so far

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Read your owners manual and if its pulling to the right, switch up your body position! A lot comes into play when doing a wheelie. One being roads, are they graded/sloped for drainage...This could cause the effect of you pulling to one side. Is your body position the problem...I highly doubt you changing out the front sprocket is the cause for anything.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Read your owners manual and if its pulling to the right, switch up your body position! A lot comes into play when doing a wheelie. One being roads, are they graded/sloped for drainage...This could cause the effect of you pulling to one side. Is your body position the problem...I highly doubt you changing out the front sprocket is the cause for anything.
:+1::iamwithst exactly what abprep07 said. lots of variables. my money is on body position.

becareful! shit can go wrong real quick! happens to all of us

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:+1::iamwithst exactly what abprep07 said. lots of variables. my money is on body position.

becareful! shit can go wrong real quick! happens to all of us
Ok so check this out .. My chain is tight as hell .. I just checked it earlier and it had a little sag .. So i roll it forward .. Gets tight .. Hmmm something is up yeah .. Where do I start ...Pull off cs cover and see if its wobbling ... ..Hmmm Im thinking about the geometry and Its not computing

·
Registered
600 Posts
Puy axle nut on with air impact gun . just let her have it . would over tightening it cause this . What are torque specs on the rear axle . i know the c/s sprocket can only be tightened so far
81 Ft lbs for the rear axle.

and i check the axle alignment with some calipers, from the same spot on the swingarm to the center line of the axle, the marks aren't always spot on, and i'm meticulous about that kind of stuff.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
81 Ft lbs for the rear axle.

and i check the axle alignment with some calipers, from the same spot on the swingarm to the center line of the axle, the marks aren't always spot on, and i'm meticulous about that kind of stuff.
did measurement from spool .. its even ... tire pressure is 32 pounds .. thats probably it .. took c/s cover off .... all looks fine ...

·
5,932 Posts
^^^Your putting a load/tension on it, its doing what its supposed to lol...Its normal man, inless you mean like a 1 inch sag on the chain then pulled tight etc etc...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
wait ..why does chain loosen and tighten when i roll bike forward and backwards ...
That's normal to some degree. Once the chain starts getting clapped out it will get worse. Find the tightest spot in the chain and adjust it there.

Did you put on a new chain and rear sprocket or just swap out the sprocket? Sprockets and chains wear together. Not much point in replacing just one part.

·
5,932 Posts
^^^Yep, just changing the sprockets is pointless, it will end up being a revolving door of changing sprockets or chain over n over...do it all together...

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's normal to some degree. Once the chain starts getting clapped out it will get worse. Find the tightest spot in the chain and adjust it there.

Did you put on a new chain and rear sprocket or just swap out the sprocket? Sprockets and chains wear together. Not much point in replacing just one part.
I did not replace the chain or sprocket ..just dropped front one tooth.. the chain was adjusted to the second line of adjustment pre install and the rear sprocket is still flat on the teeth .. not rounded off at all ... the chain is excellent shape...it has to be the 4 lb drop in tire pressure .. its 31.5 right now ,.,.. i usuallyt run about 37

·
5,932 Posts
Dude psi in the tires change a lot in how the bike handles and feels. Most think I'm crazy but on the street I run a 28/34 combo

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^Yep, just changing the sprockets is pointless, it will end up being a revolving door of changing sprockets or chain over n over...do it all together...

Do you hear yourself .... seriously .... you are going to say that if you change ONE sprocket cause of a gearing change you will change the chain and the other sprocket.. is that what you are saying.. ... Im sorry but I have a real concern here and no matter how much coin I have Im not tossing it into a bucket just because ..

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude psi in the tires change a lot in how the bike handles and feels. Most think I'm crazy but on the street I run a 28/34 combo
Yeah I change mi ne depending on how I ride .. NORMALLY its 34 F / 37 or 36 rear.. EVERYONE REALIZE ITS NOT PULLING TO RIGHT UNDER ACCELERATION or coast JUST when front tire is in the air ... I almost crackered a BP wheelie today cause it keeps pulling to right .. plus its windy as fuck here today .. HOLY SHIT .. OMFG .. Wind IM A GOOBER ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

·
5,932 Posts
Yes I hear my self buddy! I would change it all cause if you have a stock chain its a 525 and I'd say to run a 520...Wear pattern on a 520 means one thing compared to a 525, it doesn't last as long man! So yes when I change out sprockets I do both front and rear along with a chain!

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes I hear my self buddy! I would change it all cause if you have a stock chain its a 525 and I'd like to run a 520...Wear pattern on a 520 means one thing compared to a 525, it doesn't last as long man! So yes when I change out sprockets I do both front and rear along with a chain!
Well I run 525 .... Im not trying to gain 1/10th a second on a lap time here.. Im a street rider ... ride wheelies and take alot of s turns .. you probably n eed that extra .... I dont need all that .. I have no problems rolling on a B P wheelie stock gearing .. I just wanted to change gearing so I roll on in second at 60 which is a much more managable cause I dont have to shift from first to second during wheelie..Which is fine i can do it .. Not a problem but I always lose BP during shift ..which means I have to cover rear brake while I shift and bring it back to BP when shift is complete .. then Have to stop the bike at bp with rear brake .. it just has a very minimal area for error and increases the cracker factor ..ya feel me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts