Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Pace
7,209 Posts
Buy replacement and take that one to a wheel smith to see what he thinks about recovery. Wheel smiths are getting scarce so may have to ship it if you can't find one in your area. For replacement, check moto salvage guys. They ship. I went with Hayward salvage for two wheels and they came thru perfectly. Also, not sure of what happened, but my first thought was too low psi on the front; I'm thinking you had 20 psi or so. Let us know what you put into that tire so others can learn whatever.

·
The Pace
7,209 Posts
Happened to me. Bent my rim, but I didn't notice it. Eventually, I was riding it and the tire totally disintegrated. Very scary and I am thankful neither I or the bike went down.

Tire blowout destroyed the bike's booty | Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum
You hit something, that's when have to stop and check at least front. I hit a huge rock hidden in shadow at lower speed, tight twist, but with throttle. Almost knocked me out; on the '11 10r. Np with wheel, which shocked me big time. HOWEVER, at that time I was running Q2 Dunlop. A few months later, I always run one of two long loops, I arrive safely home; while cleaning the bugs off the bike, there stuck in that Q2 tire was a huge rock. From memory, at least 2 inches by 1.5 inches. Never felt anything and psi was normal. Possible it was a Q3 tire, but stopped running dumlops and stopped running Michelin a few months later; that's a different tale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts