Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 zx10r
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the green part pop off on its own? or do i need to take the entire front fairing off? it feels like maybe it could pop off, just dont wanna snap it more and break anything else..and i kno its a seperate piece..i cant find any videos showing anything but taking the entire front off ,including headlight housing...

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,367 Posts
You have to take the whole thing off. The headlight hold it all together from inside.

·
Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
14 Posts
As SkyDork said, you need to take everything off that includes the screen, the side fairings, the black plastic piece at the bottom facing the front mud guard. Also note that there are 2 small screws next to the headlight that hold this piece. The one on the left side was a bit difficult for me to get to since the emission control device kinda blocks it.

·
Registered
2013 zx10r
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sheesh...so much for an easy swapout. i was planning on doing it myself..but ill have a pro take care of it now. thanks guys!

·
Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
14 Posts
Just a bunch of plastics and screws mate. Couple of hours and a beer, you can easily finish it up. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
@cuggi5 I had to replace my headlights a while back. I don't remember the exact procedure, but it wasn't too bad. Watch the video, and just take it step by step. Nothing hard to do, just take screws out and plastic pieces off.

A word of advice, the bolts holding the mirrors on are very soft metal. Make sure you use a good quality hex bit. If you use junk from HF or walmart, you will strip it, then need to grind the bolt head off.

Edit: I would have four replacement bolts on hand for the mirrors, and just replace the old ones. Safest way to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts