Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Fairing Cracked - UPDATE

I wiped my bike down two days ago no crack. I drove it to work and I wipe it down last night when I get home. I go to the garage tonite looking for my watch any I glance over at the front of my bike and it stood out like a black eye - the fairing has a crack in it front the bottom left of the wind screen across the nose and under the left side of the intake housing. The crack is about as wide the tip of a normal size screw driver. No evidence that something hit it. Any ideas how this happen? Should I go to the dealer and see if its a warranty item of contact insurance?

Its a 06 zx-10 5 months old with 9000 miles on it. :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FATTKAW said:
did the intake snorkle crack and stessed out the faring?
Just the snorkle cracked above the intake,

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
do you still have the stock windscreen on have you changed it...i had a friend that cracked his front fairing after changing to the double bubble...he probably cranked down the screws too tight...i doubt you will get any help at the dealer for warranty coverage and as far as insurance i guess you would have to way the cost difference vs your deductable.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pongo said:
do you still have the stock windscreen on have you changed it...i had a friend that cracked his front fairing after changing to the double bubble...he probably cranked down the screws too tight...i doubt you will get any help at the dealer for warranty coverage and as far as insurance i guess you would have to way the cost difference vs your deductable.
I still have the stock wind screen.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE:

Dealer contacted Kawasaki and Kawasaki is going to replace the cracked nose piece and paint all the plastics so they match. I think that is wonderful news.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pongo said:
damn...that is great news...did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express or something......:mrgreen:
Ummm - I think I missed something.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
pongo said:
damn...that is great news...did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express or something......:mrgreen:

:spit: :crackup: Good news btw

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
zx10x2 said:
Ummm - I think I missed something.
its a play off the commercials on tv where cool things happen to people who just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Glad they helped someone out. I cracked my air intake/fairing support on my ZX6R which in turn cracked the upper fairing. I was $535 out the door. No break whatsoever from my dealer and I have bought 2 bikes and about $3500 in aftermarket from them. Not to mention maintenance...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They wont paint anything, the parts will come in already painted.

I just noticed last weekend that one of my mounting points for my tail light broke off of my tail piece. Going to dealer this weekend to get mine looked at and have them see if Kawasaki will replace mine as well. This is the second time they have had to replace a piece of my plastic because of some tab breaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts