Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i have an 04, when im going down the road and press the front brakes the front shakes very bad!!! gets scary! when i do it and look at my front end the wheel and forks and windshield,everything up there is shaking back and forth? then when i let off and i am not touching the brakes i can hear them make a noise like the rotors may be bent? like the pads rub then stop then rub then stop etc..?? do i need rotors? has anyone had this problem? thanks:BangHead: I wanted to add that i can still do stoppies just fine then the brakes feel good is it a bearing or something?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep Yep, , sounds like the rotors are warped to me. Had a similar problem on my 900rr, whenever I applied the front brake I would get a nice shimmy on the front end. Replaced rotors & problem solved. Whatever the issue is I hope u get it resolved pretty quick, I know the front end shimmy & shake ain't nothing to play with. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The entire front end!

Probably most definetly the rotors along with the fork spring and head bearings,those stoppies do amazing things for your front ends,good luck!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd say start with the rotors. There most definetly done for.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Rotors!

Put it on the front stands and spin the front wheel, maybe you're lucky and you'll be able to see which one is warped. You can get away with taking off the bent rotor and ride with 1 rotor until you get a new rotor. Some will say it's a bad idea to do this but it's a lot better and safer than to be riding a little quicker then hit the brakes then shakes and get the fishtail.

·
Registered
151 Posts
no offense blaze but that is a really bad idea... depending on how thick his front pads are which im gonna guess and say they probably arnt very new since the rotors are shot, your taking a huge risk of damaging the caliper that doesnt have a rotor between the pads not to mention the pistons could come out of their bores then your gonna be f'd because all the brake fluid is coming out right behind them. just my .02 cents

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How the f&ck does a rotor get warped? And what kind should I go with cheap is always good but I like to see my options and I plan on getting some zx14 calipers

·
Registered
158 Posts
probably most definetly the rotors along with the fork spring and head bearings,those stoppies do amazing things for your front ends,good luck!
+1

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
How the f&ck does a rotor get warped? And what kind should I go with cheap is always good but I like to see my options and I plan on getting some zx14 calipers
Wrong:headshake

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I'm saying cheap for my wallet is always good..know what I mean:thumbsup:
At the track yesterday I noticed slight headshake when the brakes were applied. I was told this by the Trackaddix mechanic:

Remove the wheel and sand the discs inside and out-sometimes pad material unevenly distributed causing shake

New pads, pads are at their best early in life for hard riding/track use.

These were the suggestions made to me by two guys I trust.

How's that for cheap?

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
At the track yesterday I noticed slight headshake when the brakes were applied. I was told this by the Trackaddix mechanic:

Remove the wheel and sand the discs inside and out-sometimes pad material unevenly distributed causing shake

New pads, pads are at their best early in life for hard riding/track use.

These were the suggestions made to me by two guys I trust.

How's that for cheap?
Hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about:thumbsup:ill give that a shot! Thanks alot man:eek:ccasion1 what grit sand paper should I use?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You get warped rotors from doing fucking stopies! Especially when you do a stopie and park it right away. Your rotor is baking under the caliper when you park the bike right after a stopie. Now quit doing em and you'll be fine.:wink:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If your going to replace a rotor,best bet is to replace both.
Kind of like replacing car brakes,you replace everything in sets of 2.
The thickness between the new and the old can cause it to pull to one side or the other.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You get warped rotors from doing fucking stopies! Especially when you do a stopie and park it right away. Your rotor is baking under the caliper when you park the bike right after a stopie. Now quit doing em and you'll be fine.:wink:
It's been doing it since I got the bike so maybe the other guy was doing stoppies? I was just stating that it is smooth when I do stoppies but I need to stop doing them anyways cuz one of these times I'm gunna eat it:idea:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts