Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did somebody know if the camshaft chain guide (exhaust side) :
12053A GUIDE-CHAIN,FR, 12053-0046 (replaces 12053-0040) slider,
Can be change without removing the motor head (top end).

Becuause, noise who I suspect coming from the valves, it's not, all adjust and in the spec, appear to be coming from the front chain guide (camshaft chain).

I will check if the bolt at the bottom are shot or the middle allen screw on the motor.

The other guide on the intake seem all right and the tensionner seem to work well, there's no slack or noise coming from there.

Maybe I do something stupid or a bolt just fall in the space in the front of the front guide (exhaust side).

But in case that thing is shot could it be removed when pulling the camshaft out ???

Anybody tried it ???

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I am pretty sure it's the exhaust cam guide that gets put between the head and the block and the only way to replace it, is to remove the head of off the engine.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the problem

The allen screw at the front of the engine was not on the right side of the front bender change the thing and problem resolved for this part.

But now the mofo developed ticking noise at the valve, check and recheck the valve clearances, but doesn't resolve the problem.

Happen after cam swap for racing intake cam, worst when it's cold around 4-5000 rpm, and no I don't swap the tappet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The allen screw at the front of the engine was not on the right side of the front bender change the thing and problem resolved for this part.

But now the mofo developed ticking noise at the valve, check and recheck the valve clearances, but doesn't resolve the problem.

Happen after cam swap for racing intake cam, worst when it's cold around 4-5000 rpm, and no I don't swap the tappet.

i had this problem too. im sure you didnt, but did you possible get the camshaft retaining caps swapped around? theyre line-bored and can present a problem if switched

also, i dont think you did this cuz youd have to split the cases and you didnt mention anything regarding that, but, the timing chain after high mileage will wear with the cam and crank gears and becomes directional. if you put it on "backwards" from how its used to being ran, youll get some noise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts