Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay , rolling my bike back into basement after rid yesterday, and was hearing a nasty moan coming from front end. put the bike up on stands and noticed that the front wheel was not spinning free. took off the calipers and spun to see if it was the bearings( coincidently changed rear bearings that morning) it spun freely. so while the calipers were off i pressed all the pistons pistons in with my fingers and reinstalled the calipers. spun freely. pumped up the breaks and spun again.. spun maybe twice.. sounded like there might have been a "high spot" in one of the discs put wont spin long enough to pin poit. there are no visiple problems, ihave almost 9000mi on the bike now and never layed this one down. i dont even remeber hitting any pothiole or anything else hard. is this likely to be a wrped rotor or rotors, and if so how the hell does thin happen without hitting anything?:dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Brake / pad drag is normal....... that said its awfully hard to decern whats enough and whats too much especially from afar.

BD

·
Registered
571 Posts
One quick, easy potential fix is to remove those little metal retainers that cover the pads. All those things do is keep the pads from rattling around and may knock down a little of the dust. Removing them tends to let the pads move around a little and, in my experience allows the wheel to spin much more freely.

If you remove them you'll notice it will be a little tougher to re-install the calipers when doing wheel/tire changes and you'll also notice that the brake pads will make a little bit of noise but it's nothing major.

Also, some brake pads tend to have more drag than others... EBC HH's have rediculous amount of drag. I like Ferodo's and with those and the retainers removed my front wheel spins very freely.

:eek:ccasion1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts