Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my 2015 ZX10R back to stock. Had a brembo 19rcs MC with speigler lines but removed that and put my oem MC back on. Bled everything last night. No air bubbles in the mc or either calibers. Had a buyer today that I was gonna bring the bike to him. Loaded it on my truck, brakes worked fine. Bike was on the truck for 3 1/2hrs. Go to offload at his place. Front brake was locked up. Opened up the bleeder valve to relieve the pressure on the MC and then closed it. Worked fine. Took it for a spin, it worked fine. But the fact that it did that spooked him so he backed out of the deal. It's working 100% fine now...any idea wtf happened?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was, I removed the ABS out of it. Ran 100% perfect the way I had it set up. Just recently installed the oem MC with the speigler lines. Only difference besides the lines is im now using a double banjo bolt on the MC. But something I noticed when installing it is that normally there is 2 sets of holes on the sides (in the case of a double banjo bolt, there should be 4 holes + 1 down the center), this only has 2 holes + 1 down the center. Doesn't have the other pair.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It was, I removed the ABS out of it. Ran 100% perfect the way I had it set up. Just recently installed the oem MC with the speigler lines. Only difference besides the lines is im now using a double banjo bolt on the MC. But something I noticed when installing it is that normally there is 2 sets of holes on the sides (in the case of a double banjo bolt, there should be 4 holes + 1 down the center), this only has 2 holes + 1 down the center. Doesn't have the other pair.

How full did you have the fluid reservoir? if it’s too full it’ll heat up and expand enough to apply the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
How full did you have the fluid reservoir? if it’s too full it’ll heat up and expand enough to apply the brakes.

It would almost have to be near overflowing for that, but that’s a good point.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about that since there wouldn't be anywhere for the fluid to drain back to the res. But its between the lines.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I thought about that since there wouldn't be anywhere for the fluid to drain back to the res. But its between the lines.

Pressure can also build up if you’ve adjusted the brakes with the cap still on the reservoir like bleeding & opening brake pads in the calipers to fit on the rotors..

·
Registered
615 Posts

Sucks you lost he sale. Maybe you can have the bike serviced for the brakes with the same guy present to show him all things are settled.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's no big loss, he haggled me below what I wanted to sell the bike for. I can get more for it closer to the spring. So no loss. Just don't know what was up with it. Bleeding was done with the cover off. Did the MC, left brake, right brake. Did that process 3 times. I know I shouldn't have used it but I used brake fluid that I had left over from when I put the brembo mc on. So im wondering if to much moisture got into the fluid.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Plunger sticking at the lever? And you answered your own question, always use new brake fluid when bleeding. Personally I wouldn't ride that bike knowing the the front brakes have locked up, that happens at speed and it's gonna be a long day for the rider.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plunger sticking at the lever? And you answered your own question, always use new brake fluid when bleeding. Personally I wouldn't ride that bike knowing the the front brakes have locked up, that happens at speed and it's gonna be a long day for the rider.
I agree 100%. That's why I don't blame the guy for not buying it on that part. But his uncle that is a "mechanic" and knows "everything about bikes" was a fucking idiot. Claims the motor was fucked because of the "ticking noise" when I told him its the cct, also known as the "kawi tick", he said there was no such thing. Then tried to tell me and his nephew that the rear swing arm, axle and rear sets have to be replaced because I low sided it 3 days after I bought it. Told him the parts I replaced which was the clutch lever, bar end, stator cover and shifter lever. Nothing else was broken or damage except for rash on the fairings. He said "the swing arm is scratched". ohhh you mean right next to the heal guard where my heal hits on the track... Apparently my bike needed "thousands of dollars of work". Not sure if he was just scaring his nephew so he wouldn't by a 1000cc bike or what. But aside from whatever happened with the brakes, which hasn't happened since I loosened up the bleeder valve, there is nothing wrong at all with the bike.

Sorry for the rant. That shit pissed me off yesterday lol. Heading out now to grab new fluid just for the sake of it.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
you're having no fun with both bikes. Trust all is going well with the 14.

My first reaction is NEVER take a bike to an interested buyer. Jack you up in unknown territory. Have buyers come to you and alert neighbors what is going on and just to kinda kinda be aware of things.

Next step, the brake problem; you're not a pro tech. In your case, I suggest taking bike to dealer and pay to have it checked out for safety, pointing out about the brake problem and to go through the brakes. I would look at it this way: you want the sell the bike; you want the buyer safe; you want all to go well.

I sense much more going on here but the above covers what may be helpful for a safe and fair sale.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you're having no fun with both bikes. Trust all is going well with the 14.

My first reaction is NEVER take a bike to an interested buyer. Jack you up in unknown territory. Have buyers come to you and alert neighbors what is going on and just to kinda kinda be aware of things.

Next step, the brake problem; you're not a pro tech. In your case, I suggest taking bike to dealer and pay to have it checked out for safety, pointing out about the brake problem and to go through the brakes. I would look at it this way: you want the sell the bike; you want the buyer safe; you want all to go well.

I sense much more going on here but the above covers what may be helpful for a safe and fair sale.
Normally I don't take my bike to the buyer but he was out of my city and no truck to transport if he bought it. I got nothing but time since im on disability and not working so I offered. Since my wife works nights and couldn't come with me and my buddies were to hung over to come with me. I ended up throwing my shotgun with slugs in my truck lol.

Still waiting on the 14R. Installing the oil pump cover was suppose to be done last week but the tech ended up coming down with the flu so they told me it will be done early this week. As for the brakes on the 10R. It's good to go. flushed with new fluid, double checked a few other things and caught a very slight leak at the banjo bolt. Thinking it was a bad crush washer. Threw new ones in, tightend to spec. Just took it for a nice ride and she is good to go.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Normally I don't take my bike to the buyer but he was out of my city and no truck to transport if he bought it. I got nothing but time since im on disability and not working so I offered. Since my wife works nights and couldn't come with me and my buddies were to hung over to come with me. I ended up throwing my shotgun with slugs in my truck lol.

Still waiting on the 14R. Installing the oil pump cover was suppose to be done last week but the tech ended up coming down with the flu so they told me it will be done early this week. As for the brakes on the 10R. It's good to go. flushed with new fluid, double checked a few other things and caught a very slight leak at the banjo bolt. Thinking it was a bad crush washer. Threw new ones in, tightend to spec. Just took it for a nice ride and she is good to go.
Worked out. Go slow on stuff while you sort through to make it the way you want. No rush, I trust.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

Bad crush washer wouldn't cause brakes to lock up........look at the plunger on the mc or take it to a shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts