Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order the 2-line Galfer brake line setup and rear line also. I was wondering which line needed to be mounted closest to the master cylinder for the front? I am thinking the right line (sitting on the bike) but I wanted some verification.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The instructions tell you, but if I remember right its short line closest to mc and thats the right side, then longer line to left side. It goes mc, washer, short/right line, washer, longer/left line washer, bolt.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Short RH line,LH longer line.If I remeber right I put LH on Top & RH on the bottom when installing to master cyl.I would test fit 1 st & see what ya think though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Haha, I like how our answers are dif. Yea, just dry fit them and see how they work then just bolt them up.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll check for instructions. I wasn't sure if brake lines actually came with them or not. Worst comes to worst I'll call Brad from Superbike Supply where I ordered them from. He was super helpful when it came time to get these things. Fit checks are always necessary before torquing them down. I appreciate the input and I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Washer, longer line (clutch side) mounts to master first, washer, shorter line (brake side), washer, double banjo. It doesn't really matter just make sure the shorter line has enough play for suspension travel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts